Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this for a friend

A guy we know wants us to swap a JDM 2JZGTTE into his N/A 93 Supra. I have read that the wiring harness will not work without MAJOR modification. Is this true? He already has the harness, so I am not sure whether or not he will want to buy one from an Aristo. Besides wiring, are there any other problems we will run into? He will be using his N/A version 5sp transmission. Thank-you for any help.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Im all JDM, i just extended a SUPRA 2jz-gte harness about 21 inches and am using the jdm ECU, not one problem and not one check engine light. but it took me 8am in the morning to 11:30 pm at night to finish the extending. non stop :D I also am using my 5speed and it pulls nice, also quick spool :D

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
d0cktor said:
Im all JDM, i just extended a SUPRA 2jz-gte harness about 21 inches and am using the jdm ECU, not one problem and not one check engine light. but it took me 8am in the morning to 11:30 pm at night to finish the extending. non stop :D I also am using my 5speed and it pulls nice, also quick spool :D
does the 5spd feel like theres not enough top end? btw, who did your swap?

·
Registered
480 Posts
i did all the buying parts/extending/adding/modding the 2jz.. and my uncle helped by letting me use his shop space and tools to put in the motor... 5 speed feels great, i drove a 6 speed supra bpu and mine stock with just a straight pipe and mine feels like it has better low end power and high end as well. i wish the 6 speed felt like the 5 speed

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
are you running the stock clutch? btw, what are some of your mods to the jdm 2jz to work.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Stock 5 speed clutch. and my only mod is straight 3 inch piping all the way to the back. everything else is all stock. I was thinking the stock clutch wouldnt hold but its hold very well, going to change soon it was just a temp thing. again, she pulls VERY hard compared to other 6 speed supras I have driven.

Mods to be done on the 2jz are, (if aristo) is: new tt water pump, swap the oil and water temp sender plugs with the TT harness plugs, the DP had to be made custom since its different from usdm, fusebox plugs needed to be swapped. and thats about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here, my SC300 runs JDM Aristo motor, Aristo harness (extended and few plugs rewired) and Aristo ECU...all in 5-speed car. Everything works, no warning lights. By using both NA and JDM TT wiring manuals, anyone with half a brain and some patience can make it work.

I even kept the SC300 stock RPM gauge, and made it work togeter with speedo :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts