Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the TSRM and the online parts manual and there's only one 'exhuast pipe'

Is the Cat and the Cat-back exhaust the same for both NA and Turbo? Just wondering...I know the downpipes are different.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
search, and the answer you will have

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The downpipes are diff., but I am not sure about the exhaust. I haven't seen any NA's using a turbo exhaust, so I am guessing that there aren't any advantages.

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supra_N2O said:
search, and the answer you will have
I did search smartass.

I just have a NA car with a good exhaust and cat, and a turbo car with a POS exhaust and questionable cat.

I was figuring for the turbo they just added the 2nd cat on the new DP and that's it...no idea.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
i thought the turbo exhaust was 2.5 inch consistently, but the n/a ranges from like 1.75" to 2.25 or something like that...or maybe im just high

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
na 2" , turbo is no bigger then 2 1/4"

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
my bad...satan, there wasa topic about this subject like 2 days ago...smartass...

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supra_N2O said:
my bad...satan, there wasa topic about this subject like 2 days ago...smartass...
I just hate it when people say search, I am not stupid I do that, and it's not my fault if people can't title their threads properly for searching purposes.

If there was a thread you must know the answer then.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The stock turbo exhaust... from a post from Bishop (good source) is 2.25" at the biggest at the inlet and outlet of cat. The rest is an assortment of kinks and at the smallest it reaches about 1.75"

Satan - dont get pissy about people telling you to search its part of the "learning process" plus you started on a bad foot. Deal.

Heres a thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78476&highlight=exhaust

edit: Typo... 2.25 not 2.5 Sorry Satan ( :rolleyes: )

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
satan_srv said:
I just hate it when people say search, I am not stupid I do that, and it's not my fault if people can't title their threads properly for searching purposes.

If there was a thread you must know the answer then.

very well said, if you know the answer why dont u just say it!!
quit trying to mock someone at any opportunity u have:mad:

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hawkeye said:
The stock turbo exhaust... from a post from Bishop (good source) is 2.5" at the biggest at the inlet and outlet of cat. The rest is an assortment of kinks and at the smallest it reaches about 1.75"

Satan - dont get pissy about people telling you to search its part of the "learning process" plus you started on a bad foot. Deal.

Heres a thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78476&highlight=exhaust

Thanks for the info. In regards to the 'learning process' considering I moderate other forums and have 5000+ posts on several of them I find it really annoying that someone looks at my no. of posts here and just says search to be 'that guy'. Annoying as hell.

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and here's what Bishop said in that thread

"Turbo exhaust is not 2.5", it's 2.25" and it's a minimal gain over the n/a cat-back. N/A setup varies between 2 and 2.25". "

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Satan, coming onto the forums, and calling someone a smartass is not the right way to start. Being a Mod for other forums, you should know the rules are strictly enforced. Read the rules before you start calling other people names....:rant: :nono:

·
Eleventeen
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ckanderson said:
Satan, coming onto the forums, and calling someone a smartass is not the right way to start. Being a Mod for other forums, you should know the rules are strictly enforced. Read the rules before you start calling other people names....:rant: :nono:
Like I said to someone, I am a moderator and you know what I don't tell people to search, because I moderate I can't be that guy, because it gives a big negative feel to the forum if moderators are against new users. That being said I did search and relatively few people actually know this information as displayed in this thread. So I'm a little lost as to why I was told to search when obviously FEW PEOPLE know the answer.

Some of you guys make me laugh, it's like you exist to just give people a hard time. What rule is being strictly enforced here? Being Crusty?

THANKS to those that actually helped. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts