Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and reading some threads but I can't find some realistic answers. Or maybe I'm reading some things wrong as I'm a complete newb to the Supra world as I'm picking my first one up next week. Ok so I'm not adding a turbo to my NA motor. I want to do a complete simple swap out to a 2JZ GTE. So here's where I get lost...I don't want anything more complicated than it needs to be... do i buy a VVti or a non- VVti 2JZ GTE? Id like to go single turbo with around 500rwhp. Mine is also an Auto which I bought specifically to be a daily driver. Im just kinda lost and need to get some definite answers as some threads look like guys are adding a turbo to the GE motor or then there's swapping a 6-speed in and I'm not doing that. I want the simplest way to get my goal (as do we all). I apologize if this has been covered many times before and anyone in Raleigh NC is welcome to come check my 2 owner Cali Supra out when it hits my doorstep bc I don't know a single Supra owner around haha. Would love some insight! Thank you

·
Registered
252 Posts
go to na-t section you will find all info what you need
i have auto na and did full swap to gte and v160
i m runung 6266 turbo that output 530 whp and 520 tq on gas 94
many guys are asking me if was it worth it ?
well i like standard 6 sp , so yes I'm enjoying it but regarding the engine this is very argumentative
many guys na-t running 500 whp all day long engine is np , probably come down to ecstatic (at this hp level)
to have distributor or not , looking busy engine bay , easily to find parts for upgrade ?
i went with all this questions 2 years a go and i have made my swap base o my preferences
cost for all 30k
you can find a kit na-t for 5-7k upgrade your trany 2.5k so for 10k you have 500whp
wish you luck and enjoy the process

1 - 4 of 4 Posts