Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question, that has been thrown up a couple of times before but there has been no real answer. I have a 95 SE and I am going to do the NA-T coversion. I herd somewhere on here that you can take the distributor off and use the same thing that the TT motor uses? If so can anyone help me out in this quest. Thx

Y

·
0 Posts
From what I have read, you will have to completely replace the ignition coil, cams, tachnometer(or redo the resistors) and ECU. Why not just run with the Distributor?

On the MKIII, the turbos fire the cylinders in pairs, the NAs (with the distributor) fire sequentially. If that's true on the MKIV and you switch, you will also have to adjust the pistons and cams to ensure the compression strokes are commensurate with the ignition. I don't know if you can do this easily or even at all. You should make more enquiries.

O

·
0 Posts
zenmaster84 said:
I herd somewhere on here that you can take the distributor off and use the same thing that the TT motor uses? If so can anyone help me out in this quest. Thx

not to be an ass(too late) but TT motor swap is about the only way.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
To use the TT ignition, you'd basically need to use all the TT ecu/wiring/ect. The NA head won't work with the TT ecu/wiring since it reads two cam position sensors and a crank sensor that the NA doesn't have. You switch to the TT style ignition you'd need to get a TT head, and then install a TT oil pump (has the crank sensor opening).

O

·
0 Posts
Dave correct if Im wrong but i thought the NA/TT head bolt patterns were different?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts