Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im thinkin about doing a cat back exhust for my 94 na but ive run into some problems. first, i cant find a catback or axelback exhaust for an NA, there are only the turbo 3" exhausts. i asked some guys at the suprastore and they said they only make exhaust for the turbos?! he told me i woul dhave to go with a 3" exhaust but i was under the impression that anything bigger then 2.5 for a NA results in more of a loss then a gain. does anyone have experience with this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
I got a 3" Exaust, supposedly you lose low power but gain it back in the higher RPM. Honestly I felt little gain at high RPM but wasn't much, while you at it get an INTAKE makes a big difference when getting a aftermarket exhaust system. It's always a good investment to get bigger exhaust just for that turbo EVERYONE loves to get later down the road.

Michael Nguyen

PS I got HKS hi-Power
 

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MekoZ said:
I got a 3" Exaust, supposedly you lose low power but gain it back in the higher RPM. Honestly I felt little gain at high RPM but wasn't much, while you at it get an INTAKE makes a big difference when getting a aftermarket exhaust system. It's always a good investment to get bigger exhaust just for that turbo EVERYONE loves to get later down the road.

Michael Nguyen

PS I got HKS hi-Power
how much was your exhaust? was it alot louder with an intake?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
well, I have a 3" primary and then 2 of 2.5" dual into two Apex Dunks. I don't care what people think or say. I love them. I pull like crazy up top. My set-up is a ...header back. since I have no cat. at least after header. btw..mine's not a Supra, it's a SC. but I don't think that will make a difference at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
I got mine for around 650(can't remember - 3 years ago). When you said Louder with intake you mean the exhaust? If so then no, but under the hood it was louder than stock intake wise, definitly noticeable. MVP has some great deals on some exhuast, I'll be upgrading thru them soon.
 

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SV650s said:
well, I have a 3" primary and then 2 of 2.5" dual into two Apex Dunks. I don't care what people think or say. I love them. I pull like crazy up top. My set-up is a ...header back. since I have no cat. at least after header. btw..mine's not a Supra, it's a SC. but I don't think that will make a difference at all.
for supras the cat backs are single tho right? u take off the 2 secondary mufflers and they become one b pipe after the cat then the one muffler right?
 

·
What You Know About That
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
I had the Blitz Nur Spec on my car. I didn't really feel any low end loss but I could feel the top end gain. Got it 2 years ago for $600 brand new. Right now I'm running a 3.5" ARK exhaust.
 

·
Supra Ricer
Joined
·
345 Posts
SV650s said:
well, I have a 3" primary and then 2 of 2.5" dual into two Apex Dunks. I don't care what people think or say. I love them. I pull like crazy up top. My set-up is a ...header back. since I have no cat. at least after header. btw..mine's not a Supra, it's a SC. but I don't think that will make a difference at all.
3'' supposedly outflows dual 2.5''
 

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PSiedSC300 said:
3'' supposedly outflows dual 2.5''
so do u guys think that with an exhaust upgrade, the intake upgrade would compensate for any low end loss with more top pulling power? it just seems odd to me that they dont make more NA 2.5 exhaust like for my IS300. but i guess u guys know better then me.
 

·
Supra Ricer
Joined
·
345 Posts
SV650s said:
o really~~~~!! ok. if you think so.
well im pretty sure theres a reason they make single 3'' exhaust over dual 2.5'' on 3/s's for more than the cost...plus i think its dual 2.5 from the factory so 3'' is an upgrade...and i have been told that by people wiser than me...
 

·
Addicted to Boost
Joined
·
315 Posts
I have invidia N1 3in cat back exhaust.

When NA with injen intake i could tell the power moved from low end to a little more high end. 1.5k to 3.5k rpm was a little slower with the exhaust, but it kicked in a little better and harder around 3.5 to 4.5k rpm. The 3in is was loud, at least on an NA, i think a turbo will reduce some sound from an exhuast.

Correct me if im wrong, but i wanna say that the catback for the TT is the same for the catback for the NA.
 

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TRD4Life05 said:
I have invidia N1 3in cat back exhaust.

When NA with injen intake i could tell the power moved from low end to a little more high end. 1.5k to 3.5k rpm was a little slower with the exhaust, but it kicked in a little better and harder around 3.5 to 4.5k rpm. The 3in is was loud, at least on an NA, i think a turbo will reduce some sound from an exhuast.

Correct me if im wrong, but i wanna say that the catback for the TT is the same for the catback for the NA.
that sounds about right. so would u say u could feel the power difference with just exhaust and intake? were they worth it for u? and the exhaust note wasnt too rediculously loud was it? if stock noise is a 5 what would the new exhaust tone be
 

·
Addicted to Boost
Joined
·
315 Posts
Well, the intake helped with response. I guess it was worth it, turbo is whats worth anything really. If stock is 5 mine would have been 8, the sound was nearly twice as loud to me. I also had a silencer, the silence would cut the loudness in half, i guess you could say it made it a 6.5, and it also effected the power band. If you are gonna buy an aftermarket exhuast, id say buy a 3 inch. 4 inch would be silly on a NA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
i got a blitz nur spec r, was quiet at first compared to the unknown exhaust i previously had(had to take it off cause would wake up everyone before i managed to sneak out) and i felt it gave me a bit of power. eventually i got used to it and now i think it sounds alot better then my old deep roaring rotten one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Does the stock TT exhaust outflow the stock na exhaust or are they the same?

George
 

·
'94 Na Slowpra
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
George95TT said:
Does the stock TT exhaust outflow the stock na exhaust or are they the same?

George
it is the same exhaust system with the exception of lacking the 2 secondary mufflers found on the NA exhaust.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top