Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i swapped from 2jz ge to gte i also bought a supra tt fuel pump. i decided its more reliable than the walbro. i only recieved the pump. im guessing the filter is separate which i will buy tommorow.

my main concern is will the tt fuel pump fit in the na assembly (the whole drop in assembly)

or should i buy the tt drop in bracket for the fuel pump. i know i had problems before with my walbro hanging crooked on the na assembly.

thanks

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
You will probably want to use some eyelid connectors for the TT pump. Take a picture of your NA bracket and i can let you compare to mine.

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
yes i believe they are, from my swap thats what i did

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
actually both pump brackets are different. the NA fuel pump hanger is shorter than the TT one. Also the little notch at the bottom where the rubber spacer sits on is also smaller, but the TT spacer will fit in there with some pushing. Don't try to use your NA rubber spacer because the TT filter foot won't fit, it's angled differently. Since the bracket is shorter your TT pump will sit at a bit of an angle and not parallel to the hanger.

I also found out today that the TT fuel tank is different than the NA tank. The TT has a hose for the return that connects to a nipple inside the tank that feeds the little reservoir inside the tank whereas the NA tank doesn't have this and the fuel falls from the bracket into the fuel (causing aeration). Another difference is that the reservoir is not as wide, so if you want to ever put a dual pump setup you're going to have to either trim the reservoir a bit or get a TT tank.

Some of these are no big deal, but the whole thing about the tank has got me a bit :furious:

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Walbro has a fuel pump for the TT and the NA. Slightly different body to fit the NA hanger from what I understand, or maybe just fittings. But they are different PNs that I know. I think the PN's were GS341 and GS343.... something like that. The difference might no be the pump, but the accessory (mounts, etc) kit they include.

They both have the same 255LPH HP output. OVRBST just did mine and it fit perfect in the NA hanger.

FWIW, I would not be too concerned about the tank differences.... and you should be able to fit 2 pumps without too much effort.

Just goes to show how deep the differences run between the TT and NA...... Same body, but that's about it!

-M

·
Registered
537 Posts
98mkiv said:
Walbro has a fuel pump for the TT and the NA. Slightly different body to fit the NA hanger from what I understand, or maybe just fittings. But they are different PNs that I know. I think the PN's were GS341 and GS343.... something like that. The difference might no be the pump, but the accessory (mounts, etc) kit they include.

They both have the same 255LPH HP output. OVRBST just did mine and it fit perfect in the NA hanger.

FWIW, I would not be too concerned about the tank differences.... and you should be able to fit 2 pumps without too much effort.

Just goes to show how deep the differences run between the TT and NA...... Same body, but that's about it!

-M
did you use the gs343? I'm just about to order the pump and was also originally an NA also do you know which installation kit is needed with the pump. thanx in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts