Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the Clarksville speedway last night, its an 1/8 mile.
Took about an hour to talk the guy into racing me, hes all stock, about 70K on the motor, Targa Auto. Mine is Hardtop NA Base modle 5Spd with exhaust.

I beat him the first run. He said he rolled to far ahead and hit reverse to back up, but the lights droped to quickly so instead of being in 1st he was in 2nd when he launched it (Shifting his auto). He was at my side, his front end to my rear when we finished. Aparently he ran a 10.3, and who knows about me. Second time, he had a better launch, and I missed 2nd gear completley, thought it was in, puched the gas and my RPM's shot up like mad, so I had to push the clutch in and get it back into 2nd gear, by that time the winner was known.

Is 10Sec good for 1/8 mile in a NA?

Also, I lost to a B16 Honda, and a Turbo Mazda Protege :stickpoke

·
Registered
521 Posts
Flea420 said:

Yesterday i was with my SEAT Leon 1.9TDI 4x4 (my Supra is broken now) at 1/8mile run, and i made 9.394s (5th fastest time of that party) only Honda S2000, Nissan Suny 2L, SUpra MKIV and SL55AMG was faster. But some Golfs VR6 or Alfa 147GTA (3,2L V6) had no chance agains my diesel....... so is 10s good enough for 3L engine in Supra ?

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, its time for an adjustment to my shifter so I can get into 2nd more easily and quickly, I think im gonna get some wider tires next week to, mine are currently 225 on the rears and almost 100% bald.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
Flea420 said:

You would've ran a mid 15-16 sec 1/4mi with a 10sec 1/8mi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts