Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You only have 3 posts, so you haven't been here long...Therefore I won't flame you like I'd like to..:D
You need to use the search button at the top of the page-
subjects like this have been covered to death, and there's no point in starting a new thread for it. Here:

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57003

:cool:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
im currently doing the exact same conversion as bryson did

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So basically waht I have read is I need to use a 3mm head gasket to lower compression ( because of pinging) and I can not use the na head. I'm not looking for huge hp because this is going into my 4x4 toyota so all the upgrade stuff does'nt apply (for now) I'm just trying to make this simple as possible (and cheap, that the reason for going with the na motor) can't find a cheap turbo motor complete for the swap. Yanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Heads are the same, cams are different, but the NA cams are supposed to be slightly more powerful than the turbo cams.

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Ive tried this before and it was a no go, all a waste of money, I bought a turbo on ebay, intercooler, exhaust manifold, rebuilt the turbo, and nada plus Im kinda happy it didn't work since I never upgraded the fuel injectors etc, If it had worked It probably wouldn't have lasted to long, My suggestion is to get a gte.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
chewmasey said:
Ive tried this before and it was a no go, all a waste of money, I bought a turbo on ebay, intercooler, exhaust manifold, rebuilt the turbo, and nada plus Im kinda happy it didn't work since I never upgraded the fuel injectors etc, If it had worked It probably wouldn't have lasted to long, My suggestion is to get a gte.
I would say you installed something wrong, or overlooked something...plus your talking about slapping a turbo and intercooler with the GE electronics.. it CAN work, but jebus, have fun getting that running right.
So, If your thinking about doing this, don't do/listen to this statemetn above :p

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Agreed, the 7mge ECU freaks out when it has boost. Less then a handful have ever gotten that combination to work properly. It is much easier with the 7mgte electronics.

·
WhorE
504 Posts
I'm warning you now its cheaper to just swap the motor, (plus you don't have half the headaches.) But if you want to do it Go right ahead because I'm interested ohh I think the N/A is 9:2:1. :p

·
boost hungry
665 Posts
chewmasey said:
I'm warning you now its cheaper to just swap the motor, (plus you don't have half the headaches.) But if you want to do it Go right ahead because I'm interested ohh I think the N/A is 9:2:1. :p
you can run boost on 9.2:1:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts