Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a tanabe super hyper medallion catback on my 97 NA supra but the exhaust is for the TT supra. I know the exhaust will bolt on to my car w/ out any problems, but my friend says the 80mm piping of the hyper medallion catback will decrease the torque in a NA supra. Is this true?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
add an intake and XERD headers...that will replace the torque loss from the cat-back and add some additional to it as well.

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
I got 85 on my NA and its not bad, def feel a kcik up top and very little at the bottom. Going turbo soon so I went with larger piping...Do a search their is a thread on this not too long ago..

·
Banned
15 Posts
I have HKS ti carbon fiber 95mm piping with 125 ti *tip* on my NA 98 auto, sound very sweet, love it, cann't wait to hear it on turbo.
Going to swap to TT soon. looking for USDM or JDM engine cheap to buy...

·
Banned
15 Posts
i have a question, i have Greddy water tempature gauge, but don't know where i can connect the sensor to, beside cutting upper radiator hose, i don't want to do that, if anyone knows please help me out...please
Thanks very much...

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Supratt600 said:
i have a question, i have Greddy water tempature gauge, but don't know where i can connect the sensor to, beside cutting upper radiator hose, i don't want to do that, if anyone knows please help me out...please
Thanks very much...
Don't hi-jack other people's threads. Start your own thread.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Registered
951 Posts
i've got the apex n1. with stock exhaust i at least had a little power off the line. after the n1...........0 power off the line. it does have good sound and once you go turbo it will be much better

·
Registered
397 Posts
i've got the apex n1. with stock exhaust i at least had a little power off the line. after the n1...........0 power off the line. it does have good sound and once you go turbo it will be much better
oh man... i was planning on getting an N1. i know ill prolly got turbo later on but i'd like at least some power now. do u all think its worth it to get an exhaust like this or his hyper medallion if there is no significant power increase? whats a good exhaust to start off with? sry if it seems like im hijacking this but i just want to know if any of these exhausts are worth it from the beginning.

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
It's not that much of a difference, just get turbo exhuast and save for kit. You'll save yourself the trouble later on.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
BlackWindEXE said:
well i was just asking since im planning on going na-t
Every NA-T kit on the market includes a downpipe and midpipe. Which is what you would need to complete the exhaust.

Forza,
Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts