Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please only serious replies... I really need help and want it finished by spring

Ok I've been doing my homework on single Turbo Kits For NA Supras... I just want to make sure I'm ready... Please let me know if I missed anything... or if you have any ideas... I am looking to get 450hp on everyday boost... with this setup I should run healthy...

I'm most likely going to get the SP57 Turbo by soundperformance... along with their headers, downpipe, and wastegate... SP gave me a few ideas as to what else I should get...

-HKS Type-S front mount intercooler

-TT fuel Pump... ???

-550 injectors... ???

-MKiii VPC controller...???

what else do i need??? and suggestions...

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
3mm headgasket, AFC, aftermarket exhaust, blowoff valve, boost gauge, ET gauge, new clutch (if 5 speed), built tranny (if auto).

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveH

what about 550 injectors and the mkiii vpc.... is that right? along with the TT fuel pump... do i need an upgrade fuel rail... what about ECU... or is the VPC enough???

THanks,
Scott

K

·
0 Posts
Injectors: 550cc hi impedence(sp?) top feed (TT inj. will NOT fit in the stock NA fuel rail)

fuel pump: TT or Walbro (cheaper)

Fuel rail: Stock will work and do a Dampner bypass between the fuel filter and rail input. (advised, depending on how much HP)

Fuel pressure regulator: ??? I want to know whether we need a boost dependant FPR or something else. ???

Turbo Oil feed and return lines: talk to SP or Toyomoto about this. So far I've seen 2 ways for getting the oil feed tap/access. And you'll need to tap the oil pan for the return line.

and everything else listed above. :)

Good luck
Mike

NJSupra said:
what about 550 injectors and the mkiii vpc.... is that right? along with the TT fuel pump... do i need an upgrade fuel rail... what about ECU... or is the VPC enough???

THanks,
Scott

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave H.

do you have any head work done at all...? port/polish...? if so is it a must...? also... the oil feed seems like a rough task...

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Krispytapa: the stock fuel press regulator is a 1:1 rising rate, so it will work fine. But if you switch to high flowing dual pumps you'll want a bigger regulator.

NJSupra: I'm just sending a head out to get ported, but so far I've just been running a stock head. It's good to around 500 rwhp. The oil feed is a bit of a pita, but not horrible. Just take your time and do it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts