Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple of questions about the naturally aspirated mkIV's. i want to know if they are even remotely as fun to drive as the tt's. right now i drive a 3rd gen rx-7, not mine, but its what i drive when i need a car. and that car has power. would the na be a dog compared to this? and also does the na supra have the same engine as the tt less the turbos. either way, how easy is it to turbo the na, and how will it compare to a tt from the factory?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
personally i think the N/A will feel a lot slower than the rx-7.

I've driven the TT 6spd and rx-7 but not the N/A

If you are going to turbo the N/A you might as well wait to save up for the turbo. There are turbo kits for the N/A but they are expensive and will not produce the power potential of the TT. The motors are similar, but not the same. Too much to get into right now...

Personally, I would only buy a N/A to just drive around in. If you are looking for performance, definately go with the TT. Unless you have money to burn

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
of coures the N/a supra is not going to be as fast as a 3 gen rx7. But i'm here to tell you they are funner than shit to drive. I have driven a z06, supra tt, and a 3gen rx7. Of course there not as great as those but there not far behind in the fun factor. But what ever you do, do not get a auto. 5-speeds are funner than hell. insurance is cheep to :p

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have a 94 NA and it is very quick, fun to drive and reliable as hell. Like MEC_ENG said, if you are not going to race get the NA. Its cheaper, the insurance is cheaper, looks just as beautiful as the turbo and is also cheaper to repair.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
I have an n/a mkiv, never driven a TT or 3rd gen RX7. From the specs, I think you might not be satisfied with the n/a. Personally, I like my n/a, but I've yet to be corrupted. :D

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an N/A - they are great, love mine. . .wish i could have a TT, but the NA is GREAT

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Looking for Opinions on the HKS Super Drager

well, what do you guys think...?

Does it sound good or ricey?

How does it hold up?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have both a na and a tt. I love my TT but I prefer to drive my NA. The five spd is alot more fun to drive. My TT is an auto, so I pretty much just get to hang on and enjoy the ride. It all just depend on what you are looking for. Like one of the others said... the insurance is cheaper, and they are more cost effective when it comes to repairs, in comparison to the TT. You just have to decide what you want it to do........

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:confused: Is your TT a "manumatic"? I thought that with all power a TT would be "it". I like my n/a because I can drive it hard without ending in the next county, but I always consider it underpowered, given it's substantial grip & braking.;) Thanx for the insight though;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts