Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get to the bottom of this. I have a complete setup 67mm, triple fuel pumps built bottom end and ported head with 264's and using e85 fuel with standalone ecu. Will stock intake (ge crossover)make over 750+rwhp through a auto or will I need to switch to a ffim for this goal. Any advice of help is welcome as I dont wont to do this agian.. thx in advance

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
750+whp with an auto. I take it you have built bottom end?

Steve K.

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
it will but not suggested .. after all that you've done to get to that 800 number why stop there at not get a quality ffim.. when i transitioned to a ffim , alpha himself was blown away at how my setup woke up not to mention cleans up engine bay and makes checking plugs and such so much easier

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im looking into doing a ffim. Just didnt want to waste money if its not real diff.. guess I thonk I will now

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have personally seen a vvti na-t hit 720rwhp on e85 through the stock intake manifold it made extra torque also. it is not a restriction yet, but its close enough to where you may want to consider going FFIM anyways around that point.

the only real danger of running that much power through the stock intake is that the ACIS butterfly piece is brass and under very high boost there is a chance it can break apart over time. one guy found a piece of it stuck and holding one of his intake valves open after it broke. its rare but it can happen.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would get yourself a nice FFIM at that power level. The big boost/turbo will love the large plenum FFIM.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I dunno me thinks it will just spool slower... but it also depends on your turbo outlet size and inter cooler piping size (is it bigger than stock throttle body). I am not saying not to get a FFIM I actually run a FFIM, I am just saying you probably wont gain alot of power from it, maybe a better throttle response from the larger throttle body but at the end of the day you are just adding extra volume you need to pressurize = lost spool and you are reducing runner length = lost torque. I don't see where people have dyno numbers showing improvements from just a ffim, usually its something else that is installed that boosts the power.

now if you have a terrible intercooler piping setup on your n/a that adds a lot of volume also so it all sort of factors in from setup to setup.
If you have a n/a manifold with a same side intercooler setup then you can cut down significantly on the piping.
so dont all get offended basically I am saying the FFIM doesn't always allow for more power than the stock intake, it really depends how each is done.

Plug changes are easier and much better aesthetics and you can fit a larger turbo hotside are all plus's we can agree on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
personally i was making about 400hp with a factory top mount manifold, built a ffim myself and all of a sudden i was seeing knock and spark blow out. it was clearly making more power just going to the ffim, actually caused the tune to be out a bit but it shows the top mount manifold was definitely a restriction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really short piping 3in. Also does anyone have a dyno sheet with stock intake making over 700 I just would like to see if or how much power falls off up top

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
NA Intake VVTI, stock coil packs, 272 cams, 7675 turbo

Torque read wrong on the 1000hp pull.
Which auto trans was in this car? Do you have any engine bay pics by chance?

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Ahhh I recognize the car... Yes it has a V160... Thanks!

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
No doubt, the car was making some serious power on his setup!

I did my front facing strictly for looks but have no idea how they compare power wise vs a stock intake manifold... I know changing plugs is a WORLD of a difference...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts