Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to get a 530hp na-t converted car, yet I hate the intake running over the motor, Is there a intake that I can pruchase thats is just like a conversion intake that I can put on the car withought getting into to much>? Thanks guys, feel free to use car lingo! I've been a body man for 6 years! :) thanks again!

·
Over Medicated
2,700 Posts
Yes, there are front facing intake manifolds (FFIM) for the NA-T crowd. The ones that come to mind first are First State Motorsports, DaveH, NUNEZTT, SoundPerformance, Virtual Works. All these will require an aftermarket throttle body, usually Accufab or Wilson 80-100MM, as well as some replumbing of intercooler piping. In some cases, depending on the intake, you will have to relocate the battery. Usually an aftermarket EMS is recommended to be able to tune everthing properly. There is a good thread in the NA section regarding FFIM's, HERE it is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, there are front facing intake manifolds (FFIM) for the NA-T crowd. The ones that come to mind first are First State Motorsports, DaveH, NUNEZTT, SoundPerformance, Virtual Works. All these will require an aftermarket throttle body, usually Accufab or Wilson 80-100MM, as well as some replumbing of intercooler piping. In some cases, depending on the intake, you will have to relocate the battery. Usually an aftermarket EMS is recommended to be able to tune everthing properly. There is a good thread in the NA section regarding FFIM's, HERE it is.
Thank you very much, I have a 1994 tt supra with 65000 miles, red targe top black int, But I do not know much about the NA cars, some may say that sounds weird coming from a supra owner, but it's true. Thanks again I will look into that, I'm trading my 1993 RX7 for the car and just hate the way the intake looks compaired to my 94. there are some super clean motors in that thred, with the 2jzgte valve cover you can never tell it was a na. Yeah I was wondering if there is a site that sale everything needed? almost along the lines of (for lack of better term) "plug and play" setup?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts