Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boost Crazy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just recently purchased the stage 2 T67 turbo kit from BoostLogic and I need to know what kind of computer modifications I need to do for the added turbo. I also need to know what kind of tuning I need to be doing in order to get everything working properly. And also if there is anything else that I need to be doing in order to make everything work and go smoothly.

If I could get any feedback it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Chase :scratch:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
It really depends on what you do with your car and how far you want to take it into the future. There are so many variables that play into how you setup an NA-T that there is no "right answer" for everyone. There is a different answer for everybody.

Give me a call on Monday at 940-683-8282 if you'd like and we can figure out what would work best based on what you use your car for and what your future goals are.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Banned
466 Posts
i am AEM EMS 1101 with all bells and whistles but like previously mentioned its all depending on where you what your ride to go

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
If you dont have the $$ to go AEM, I would go with the second best which is VPC/SAFC combination

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
I would go with the second best which is VPC/SAFC combination
VPC is a VERY bad idea, I highly recommend not getting one based on the opinions fo numerous highly respected Supra tuners and the fact that the pressure sensor is discontinued. Once that goes out, have fun finding another one.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
VPC is a VERY bad idea, I highly recommend not getting one based on the opinions fo numerous highly respected Supra tuners and the fact that the pressure sensor is discontinued. Once that goes out, have fun finding another one.
There is NOTHING special about a VPC pressure sensor. You can replace the sensor with another one aslong as the output specs are the same, there are plenty of them around so its not a problem. HKS VPC /SAFC2 setup is by far the best plug and play solution for those that have gone NA-T that want to get rid of the MAF restriction for the money.

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:

I hope your kidding me with this bullshit? :scratch: If this is the kind of advice you give out, then MVP should reconsider your qualifications before you make them look bad.....oooops, too late. :madjerk:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
kdirty130 said:
I hope your kidding me with this bullshit? :scratch: If this is the kind of advice you give out, then MVP should reconsider your qualifications before you make them look bad.....oooops, too late. :madjerk:
Sensor is discontinued on the VPC and it's 6 year old technology, if you want to tell me that the VPC is better than what's out there today at a cheaper price, then I hope you're kidding me. Sorry but I take the word of some of the most respected tuners in the Supra community over yours.

aliga said:
name the tuners please.
In this thread alone, Jarrett from PHR and Obiwan. If you want more, just call some respectable tuners and see how they feel about the VPC compared to what's on the market today.

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356861

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
the only thing that is out there today that is in the same price range as the vpc is the map ecu... The vpc has been proven and the map ecu has many bugs.. Its strange that your reference comes from people affiliated with a shop that is the sole distributor of the map ecu..

RossoCorsaItaly said:
Sensor is discontinued on the VPC and it's 6 year old technology, if you want to tell me that the VPC is better than what's out there today at a cheaper price, then I hope you're kidding me. Sorry but I take the word of some of the most respected tuners in the Supra community over yours.

In this thread alone, Jarrett from PHR and Obiwan. If you want more, just call some respectable tuners and see how they feel about the VPC compared to what's on the market today.

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
chidoks said:
the only thing that is out there today that is in the same price range as the vpc is the map ecu... The vpc has been proven and the map ecu has many bugs.. Its strange that your reference comes from people affiliated with a shop that is the sole distributor of the map ecu..
:werd:

That was my point, that there is no other product like the VPC that is proven at its price level.

Also, i DO call and talk to alot of the well known tuners, and not ONE would go with a Crap..errr map ecu over a vpc/safc combo. The only thing i see you trying to do is push products, not give good and sound advice to peeps who are trying to learn something. But whatever, all you are is a salesman, with no real world experience with anything na-t, imo.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:

I am sorry but I think anyone would listen to me or anyone here proving you wrong over your advice. You want to know why? Because we have something you are seriously lacking, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.

I know alot of very respectful tuners as I run 2 very large auto-related websites, one of them with over 30K members local to where I live.... maybe you should learn these products before you open your mouth because you are only making yourself look like the :dumbass:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
chidoks said:
Same shop has also been doing NA-T conversions since 1994. They're also no longer the U.S. distributor for the MAPECU. If the VPC was the best thing since sliced bread, would you care to explain why it was discontinued by HKS?

The only thing i see you trying to do is push products, not give good and sound advice to peeps who are trying to learn something. But whatever, all you are is a salesman, with no real world experience with anything na-t, imo.
I'm not trying to push any product. I've already spoken with the originator of this thread and I've told him the ups and downs of the products not based on my personal experience but based on the experience of the people that have used them. Whether it's tuners or customers that have given me personal feedback. If you think you're qualified to analyze my qualifications and my experience by a few posts that's fine.

kirkmkiv said:
I am sorry but I think anyone would listen to me or anyone here proving you wrong over your advice. You want to know why? Because we have something you are seriously lacking, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.
Lets go over what I said since there seems to be some type of misunderstanding.

VPC is a VERY bad idea,
I deal with multiple phone calls daily from people having problems with the VPC unit. If this sensor is so readily available as you claim it is, why don't you start selling them, because I know we'd buy them from you.

I highly recommend not getting one based on the opinions fo numerous highly respected Supra tuners and the fact that the pressure sensor is discontinued.
Again, my recommendation was based on the opinions of numerous Supra tuners. I clearly said this, if you guys have a problem with these Supra tuners, call them out, not me, I'm just repeating what's been recommended.

and the fact that the pressure sensor is discontinued. Once that goes out, have fun finding another one.
Again, a true statement, the pressure sensor is discontinued, if you say it's just a sensor that's readily available, give me a price and I'd love to buy them from you in the future assuming they work.

I put in my $0.02 and even said that my opinion was based on what I've been told, I never claimed it was by experience. I'm still going to take the opinions of others. Whenever people ask me what I think of something and I give them the opinion of a respected tuner in the Supra community it tends to mean more to them than some random people on Supraforums. Hope you understand my justification for continuing to recommend their advice.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
I deal with multiple phone calls daily from people having problems with the VPC unit. If this sensor is so readily available as you claim it is, why don't you start selling them, because I know we'd buy them from you.

:bsflag: You are the last person I would call for with technical questions.

So do you want to explain to us what is so special about the VPC pressure sensors that make them something different than any other pressure sensor which will have the same output? Please explain to us why we couldnt use another pressure sensor with the same output as opposed to this "special" one which HKS threw in the box with the VPC unit (and according to you everyone is having problems with :lol: ).

If the best thing you could come up with is that the VPC is "6" year old technology.... how old are our cars? 13 yrs old maybe? :jerkit:

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
vpc+afc combo is been proven and there is a reason why many people still use it. How many high hp/reliable supra do you know that uses map ecu compared to the vpc+afc combo? Newest technology is not always better and map ecu proved that with the lean spots and that is the reason some people switched back to vpc+afc or they went aem, but thats just my 2 cent.

btw what the heck do i know...ive been only na-t for 5 years, so im still a newb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts