Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this must be common knowledge but I couldn't find it in a search and none of my friends know. If you turbo a NA car, does that effect the car's ability to pass emmisions? I live in MD where the car must be put through emmisions every couple years, so I don't want to bolt up a turbo then convert it back to NA for every test. I've heard of mixing in ethenol and also buying some stuff from autozone will help, but would it that much? Appreciate the response, Scott

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They never looked under my hood before. How do the other guys do it? I geuss if you're after 96 and you have obdii you're set, but the physical test must show up different.

·
11,221 Posts
I thought in MD they only inspect it when you first purchase it, and then you are good for as long as you own the car. You sure they inspect it every 2 years?

Anyways - just get someone to sell you a sticker.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really depends on what county you live in. Where I go to school it is only required upon inspection, back home in Calvert County they require it to be done every two years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought there were Cali guys that have gone NA-T, if they can do it I assume anybody can.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
phokur said:
I thought there were Cali guys that have gone NA-T, if they can do it I assume anybody can.
That is correct. Been there done that. No problems

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
nsx4ever said:
That is correct. Been there done that. No problems
Until you get pulled over and sent to the state ref... :faint:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts