Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm going to go NA-T in the near future, going to use AEM V2, and keeping the stock headgasket (maybe) for now. Shooting for under or around 350whp since I'm on W58, so that's my only goal for now. I want the ability to run flex fuel in the future, and I'm just going to do the whole fuel system now so that the car is already tuned for flex fuel. With the AEM V2, what flex fuel sensor do I need, what pump should I buy? Looking at this FPR http://www.spracingonline.com/store/AEM_UNIVERSAL_FPR/1331 and these injectors since I'm going standalone anyways http://www.spracingonline.com/store/Precision_Fuel_Injectors_Mitsu_1200cc__MKIII_Turbo___MKIV_NA-T_/3847 .
What other parts would I need?

·
Banned
451 Posts
you can use a single Walbro 450 E85 Compliant Pump for you current HP gold and a FRP Aeromotive PART#: 13109. Also seen that you're in the market for new injectors you should try and get some E85 compatible product. PTFE fuel line would also a great addition to your upgraded fuel system.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.amazon.com/Continental-13577394-Ethanol-Haltech-Zeitronix/dp/B00PMBQ0E2

You'll have to wire the harness into the aem, there are some guides on this site that tell you which pins.
Do you have a link to one of those threads? I couldn't find a whole lot on installation. Is a pump like this ( http://www.driftmotion.com/Walbro-F90000267-450LPH-p/dm2512.htm ) just "plug and play," or what needs to be done to make that work? Links to threads would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
356 Posts
you can use a single Walbro 450 E85 Compliant Pump for you current HP gold and a FRP Aeromotive PART#: 13109. Also seen that you're in the market for new injectors you should try and get some E85 compatible product. PTFE fuel line would also a great addition to your upgraded fuel system.
My question is what makes PTFE better than say stainless steel? I know they are special e85 Teflon lines but if the goal is corrosion resistance wouldn't stainless work fine?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My question is what makes PTFE better than say stainless steel? I know they are special e85 Teflon lines but if the goal is corrosion resistance wouldn't stainless work fine?
To hijack your question, for my power levels, are upgraded lines absolutely necessary?

·
Banned
451 Posts
94Auto if i'm not mistaken the stainless steel is only the external of the hose not on the internal where the fuel passes where as PTFE the Teflon is internal and it's surrounded rubber and Stainless steel for protection.

Someone please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks

·
Banned
451 Posts
To hijack your question, for my power levels, are upgraded lines absolutely necessary?
you can run E85 with the stock line, you just should not store the car with E85 fuel in the line for long period of time and run the risk of the steel line getting corroded.

·
Registered
356 Posts
94Auto if i'm not mistaken the stainless steel is only the external of the hose not on the internal where the fuel passes where as PTFE the Teflon is internal and it's surrounded rubber and Stainless steel for protection.

Someone please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks
What I meant was like stock style hard lines like an actual stainless steel tube vs the PTFE style AN lines. The Only reason I ask is because the PFTE lines are both more expensive and harder to use. A half inch SS hard line under the car similar to a stock line would flow a tremendous amount of fuel.

·
Banned
451 Posts
94auto I got what you are saying now. The stock fuel lines on a supra are equivalent to -6AN Line. PTFE -6 AN price is not to bad.

PTFE Braided Stainless Steel Lines, -6 AN, per ft.
Price: $3.49

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,109 Posts
just keep in mind that the NA fuel pump ecu won't be able to handle the amperage of the walbro 450. If you use the oem NA fuel pump ecu to trigger a relay to power the pump from a dedicated 10 gauge wire then you'll be good.

This is what I'm doing on my 94 NA-T, flex fuel on aem v2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts