Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been runing into financial issues and am itching to get my supra off the ground and just get it started and my foot in the door in the supra world.

I've decided to get a cheaper kit than ones I had been looking at, but I've been hearing good things about this particular kit lately. It'll be a T61 single. I'm looking to make around 400ish wheel if possible thru the W58. It's just a basic single kit and as of now I have only a 3 inch exhaust from the first cat back with the 2nd cat gone and no other mods (aisde from EGR and coolant lines).

I'm wondering now what I should do about fuel and engine management. On stock compression I'll but running 8 or 9 psi. If it really is worth it you think to raise the compression out of the shoot then convince me, otherwise I think starting this way won't be bad and allow me to gradually ease into the turbo process. Should I do something like a walbro and FMU on stock injectors like HPF and do a little tuning with an AFC or should I grab some nice new injectors and a walbro and then what would I need for tuning? The advantage being not running near maxed out 14 year old injectors, and also having injectors around 5xxcc for when I go to an AEM and most definitely swap the HG and maybe something like a DaveH intake mani.

Let me know what you're thinking, keep in mind I'm open to pretty much anything that will work within my realm of possibility. Yes I understand the superiority of a full standalone to what I'm doing now, and fully plan on heading that direction. For now though, what are everyones recommendations to get this thing rolling.

A year of owning this car is creeping up on me soon, if it's not boosted by then I'll have failed. July 2nd I believe was the title transfer date IIRC, so I've got some time, but I'm looking to get this done. Thanks for reading/helping.

-chris

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, whileI'm at it, I recently replaced the spark plugs and wires thinking it would solv emy ignition problems... it didn't, because with new equipment the problem is not fixed, thus I assume it is not ignition...

The car breaks up in the higher RPMS around 3800+ like it's misfiring. USually not in 1st gear or so because it's so short, but pulling in 2nd gear it's like it's sputtering. Will make another thread and upload a video clip soon, but figured I'd throw it in this thread while I'm at it.

-chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts