Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I would like to have some basic settings on your S-AFC-II because I'll have to do 1 hours drive to the tuning shop so please help me and give me somes of your basics settings... I've 525cc injectors + LS400 maf + new fuel pump, 2mm HG, ARP studs, DaveH turbo kit, blitz FMIC + SSQV bov, etc....

Thanks guys, I love you so much !

lelou21

·
11,221 Posts
If you have 525cc's with the Lexus maf, I think that's a good baseline (meaning you don't have to adjust anything) as long as you ain't doing heavy boosting the whole way through.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi dude ! You're very fast in the replies man....Wowww ! Amazing ! You're always on the supraforums when I post reply... !!!

Are you sure on what you telling me ? I'll start the car for the first time in 1 hour....

Thx, JB

·
11,221 Posts
I mean it's not exact, but should be very close. If you want me to give you a basic map, I might be able to get you one. I remember my friend who installed a vpc (550 chip) and had 550 cc injectors. He can run around with it untuned and it's fine, so I think the same principle can apply to the Lexus maf. If you are unsure and want to be safe, I would +4% across the whole board. It's better to run rich than to run lean.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Errr.... I thought with the Lexus V8 MAF... 440's work perfectly. With 525's shouldn't you be pulling fuel?

·
11,221 Posts
USMCSupra said:
Errr.... I thought with the Lexus V8 MAF... 440's work perfectly. With 525's shouldn't you be pulling fuel?

In that case, I would suggest just leaving it as is. "0" it all out. It ain't that dangerous if you going around rich. I know, cause I have.

I didn't get my car tuned till like 5 months after I bought it (dummie me). I was told it was already tuned, so I didn't wanna "waste money". I was boosting like crazy before. When I was at the dyno, my a/f was so rich they can't even record it (it was below 10:1).

I mean since you are only an hour drive, it ain't gonna kill it (as long as you are running rich).

-----

But then again, this is only my opinions & experiences. If anyone else can chime in with their settings, please do. I was on the same path last week. I was gonna install a TT maf w/ 440cc's, but then decided to just get a vpc & wideband.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys ! My car was started !!! Wowww ! It sounds very nice and the engine run very soft......I'm very happy...... I didn't drive it on the road but that's gonna be tomorrow....

Please tell me where to host my video and you'll show it soon !
Thx, JB

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
lelou21 said:
Hey guys ! My car was started !!! Wowww ! It sounds very nice and the engine run very soft......I'm very happy...... I didn't drive it on the road but that's gonna be tomorrow....

Please tell me where to host my video and you'll show it soon !
Thx, JB

even though you're probably running rich, take it easy on the drive over. it's not worth the risk. 525's should need about 17-23% leaning out on the AFCII to get a baseline of 14.7:1 at idle. Good luck with the tuning. Waiting to boost til then will leave you will the ultimate reward in the end... An engine that doesn't die an early death :bigthumb:

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
michaelvanle said:
Do you have aim? Hit me up and I'll host it for you too.
Michael Van Le

I don't have AIM but please tell me where to get it ! I'll dowload it and send you my 48sec video ! :) Thx man, you're a nice guy....

Regards for all SP members,
JB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts