Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started my turbo install today.

Over the past few months ive built my turbo kit together. I started out with the EBAY XSpower manifold and DP. I then had a local place called Tims turbos build me a small turbo. I dont have the exact specs on the turbo though. Ill get them later if someone is curious. Im also running the Boost Logic FMIC kit.

Today I started with removing the Qtr panels, front bumper, old exhaust manifold, and TB. I then mocked up the turbo manifold and turbo. At first i thought i was going to have to rotate the flange on the ebay manifold in order for the turbo inlet/intake to clear the distributor. As it turns out, with my small turbo i am able to run this manifold with out rotating the flange. I also installed the FMIC and walbro 255 fuel pump. Next step is to put on a 2.5mm metal Head Gasket and studs supplied by boost logic.

Im a little unsure about the HG though. I dont know if i will have to deck the head and block when i put on the new thicker hg. From what ive heard you can throw it on without decking, at least most of the time with our motors. WhiteBlazze, from the forums here, will be helping me with the rest of the install and the Head gasket.

Here is the parts list for my NA-T setup:
-Ebay xspower manifold & DP
-Tims Turbos (not sure of name of turbo :nervous: )
-Boost Logic FMIC kit
-440cc Injectors
-lexus ls400 maf
-SAFC2
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-2.5mm metal HG & ARP head studs
-Sard FPR
-HKS SSQ BOV
-Wastegate, TBA

With the new HG, i plan to run ~10psi, looking for somthing around 350whp.

·
Registered
228 Posts
nice set-up, good work :)

how many mileage on the engine and just curious, what compression did it show on the pistons?

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
130,000, not sure on exact compression numbers. had a shop do it a while back, and i think they were in a decent range.

·
Registered
951 Posts
lookin good dude. just wondering. i notice a downpipe in the picture, but what are you doing for a mid pipe?

also, you didn't need to remove the qtr panels

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
That is the most bizzare looking turbine housing I've ever seen. Looks like you'll have to modify the downpipe to fit. Looks good.

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
Lookin good man!. I live not far from you and was wondering if you would be able to supply me with the info for that "Tims Turbo" place. I need a vband welded to my current housing or prolly just replace it with one with a smaller A/R. If you need any help with any thing, just let me know, Im always willing to help out. You can pm with that info if you'd like or just post it. Good Luck!

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Anthracite93: Ive got the w58

streetraser2002: Im going to make a custom mid pipe. I removed the qtr panels just so i dont scratch em when im working on the car.

DaveH: I plan to wled a v bnad flange to the back of the turbo for it to meet up with the v band flange on the DP. I think im going to hack up the DP anyway to add a flex section to it. Not sure on the flex section idea yet though.

Supra_404: I went to a shop in chantilly called red shift. They contacted tims turbos, also located in the area, and had my turbo built for me. check out www.redshiftdc.com to see their site and info. If you want to come by and lend a hand with the install thatd be cool. Whiteblazze is coming over to work on it tomorrow. PM me, or IM trd4life05, if you want to come by, i can also show ya to red shift.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
i see that kinda turbine housing all the time on DSM's. its supposed to be stronger, although if it was much of a difference i bet HKS/Blitz/garrett whowever would also use that style housing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks good. I was thinking about using the same manifold and down pipe. I saw another thread on someone using this. Let me know how it turns out when you get it running.

Ed

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
I may do that! I get off at like 4:30 so I guess that I could head over when you get off or when you call me and I can get directions or meet you somewhere or somethin!

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Supra_404: PM me your number or jump on AIM and hit me up at TRD4Life05. At 4:30 we will prolly be in the middle of the head gasket work, so i doubt i can show ya the way to red shift, but your welcome to drop by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts