Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to identify this piece after looking in the TSRM. It’s the circular piece in the image that attaches under the intake manifold. It connects to some small tubing. Wondering if it’s EGR VSV or EVAP related and if i even need it.

I already removed the EVAP canister, and deleted the EGR. I’m trying to clean up the engine bay as much as i can for now and would like to plug this up if possible.

Does anyone know if this is something that could be removed and how to do it properly?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

30DEB97C-C4BE-49A1-BBB4-AAF7D3BC1FAB.jpeg

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,065 Posts
it’s a flapper valve that slightly changes the plenum volume to help with torque if the car stays NA. if you just disconnect the vacuum like that goes to it, it defaults to the open setting.

your discretion if you want to remove it.

·
From the land down under
3,850 Posts
Mark is correct, it controls the ASIC's valve, which adjusts the length of the intake runners depending on engine vacuum, to maximize torque.

I left mine operational, even after converting to NA-T, but some choose to lock it in one position. A back to back on a dyno, would be interesting to see how much difference it makes, once a snail is strapped to the side of the engine.

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it’s a flapper valve that slightly changes the plenum volume to help with torque if the car stays NA. if you just disconnect the vacuum like that goes to it, it defaults to the open setting.

your discretion if you want to remove it.
Okay thanks. I was able to do some digging now that I have the name of it and it looks like there are already some threads on the ACIS valve for those in the future who find this thread:

What it does & how it works / diagrams:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/565216-2jzge-intake-flapper-valve-thingy.html

High HP recommendations:
https://www.supraforums.com/threads/na-t-800hp-questions.1026185/#post-13010017

·
Registered
980 Posts
OP, if you want to remove all the canister and stuff, just run a line from the intake manifold vacuum to the acis valve directly, the little vac nipple pointing to the right in that picture on the top of the ACIS valve.
When you get past like 20+ psi of boost, then consider removing it all together cause its brass and could break apart with enough stress.
Most people don't seem to have an issue with regular pump gas setups, and you will get more power by keeping it in the loop.

IF you want the most effiecient cruise also, then you need the standalone activation settings to be right and Kurt has posted them in the thread I linked below.
For that you need to keep the canister and vsv's for the ACIS in the loop, its the plastic canister underneath the lower intake runner and the vsv on the side of it if I remember right.

personally, I'd just do the first thing and connect it straight to an intake manifold vacuum source and rip all the canister and vsv's out.
It'll still run great and you will get the power bump, and works with whatever ecu you run cause its straight mechanical at that point.

Mark is correct, it controls the ASIC's valve, which adjusts the length of the intake runners depending on engine vacuum, to maximize torque.

I left mine operational, even after converting to NA-T, but some choose to lock it in one position. A back to back on a dyno, would be interesting to see how much difference it makes, once a snail is strapped to the side of the engine.
Mr Ree, Kurt did exactly that back in the day. That was what convinced me to keep mine activated by the aem when I went standalone.
I think the photobucket pics are blurred out, but it was a surprising gain in power down low from the long runners, like 30 ft/lbs.
edit looks like we both posted in there too lol. There were some really good na-t discussions those days.

Btw, hows the car running these days? Hope you are doing alright with all the fires going on over there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts