Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
send them an email... i think he replies pretty quickly.

·
Internet Addict
89 Posts
Deceptik1 said:
Does anybody know the pricing for a stage 1 kit from Powerhouse and the pricing for one from SP Engineering. Does SP have a website I can check out?
$5500 bucks for Toyomoto and around the same price for SP turbo kit.

J

·
0 Posts
I mailed Powerhouse Racing awhile back and this is what they replied:

"thanks for your inquiry. PHR was the very first to develop a Non Turbo Kit, back in 1995. In fact, that was how we became famous for the Supra. Recently, we removed them for sale, and are in the process of redesigning and updating the parts (some used for 5 years). This should be complete soon, but I have no definite date yet. Pricing has not yet been released, but the old pricing was $7000 for Stage 1 and $12,000 for Stage 2. The HP levels are 350 HP and 450+ HP each. We are also releasing a base level kit for 300 HP that is expected to be in the $5500-6500 range. All are designed for daily driver cars in mind, with the utmost reliability. Installation of each is $2,000 and $3,500 for the Stage 1 and 2 respectively. I hope this helps with your questions. Thanks
Jarrett
PHR Sales"

·
Registered
296 Posts
$$$$ - expensive !!!

NA and proud with some basic mods.

If the above email is true. Definitely not worth the money for 300 or 400 HP range gain !:(

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
ok guys...

I have been doing a lot of looking around, and talked to both PHR and SP and was very exited about the responses... Here's the deal...

PHR has those 2 kits like you said for 7k and 12k... however I talked to SP and they told me how to set it up... still a bit pricey, but c'mon guys we have supras... I think the SP57 turbo which puts you in the 500 hp range is around 1100... the headers wastegate and downpipe are like 4000, then you can pretty much piece together the rest... B.O.V, HKS type-s Intercooler... however you will have to fabricate your own intercooler plumping... mk3 VPC, 550 injectors, a tt fuel pump... and DaveH said a 3mm gasket, AFC, Boost gauge and few other things such as transmission work, clutch...so unless you plan on installing it yourself your looking at about 10k for that... an estimate nonthless... Let me know what you think guys... I am still learning... so I am sure I am missing somthing...

J

·
0 Posts
Altered Atmosphere in Maryland offers a 400-500hp package for the NA MKIV. Has anyone ever dealt with them before? I don't know how much they're asking for this. I haven't gotten a chance to call, but here's there number if someone wants it.

301-330-8835

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com <~~you can't access their site right now because they are redoing it.

If anyone has more info on this, please post it.

Thanks

·
Internet Addict
89 Posts
I am not too sure but I think you guys have few things confused. First off SP Engineering is not the same thing as SP (Sound Performance). A while back I was quoted around 6500 to get my SC turboed. Even through I don't doubt the SP would do a great job I would go with the Toyomoto turbo kit. It's better quality and everything comes complitelly packaged so you can install it over the weekend. Some people from clublexus.com did. With this kit it will bump the power upto 320 hp, but most get 400 something with stock engine compression. F-max used to be popular and the cheapest but also the worst quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts