Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does the average turbo kit for the na cost. I have not been able to find any prices.

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
Alot, the cheapest i found one was about 4k, then u need install and if you want it done right it will cost up to 3-4k, then u need to upgrade ur fuel system, brakes, and tires if you already havent done so. So u r looking at about 7 grand to convert ur car, u also might need to stengthen ur tranee which adds up to even more. Neways if u have the money go for it, my friend did it on his NA he runs a 12.5

·
ABM
497 Posts
just for a good turbo kit look to spend close to 5g's, then about 1g on electronics, almost 2g's on fuel, a little here and there on tranny and other components, and alot on labor...depending on where you get the work done at. look to spend around 9-10k if you want a professional install. hope this helps a bit....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyomoto is supposed to have a really good kit. It starts at $5500 and goes up from there if you want to upgrade any fuel compenents, bigger turbo, FMIC instead of side-mount, etc.

305-599-3050
(They have never answered their phone when I try to call)

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
for a good kit at aroune 300-350 hp....should i go fmax or toyomoto. my plan is this. im a junior in HS. dont wanna kill me self all that much. this summer i should bring in about 4g's plus my regualr job. i figure that i can get the fmax kit for that price, and consult a few of the na-t guru's on here and get in done over the winter with very little payment to mechanics who charge 100 bucks an hour. although if anyone wants to put it on my car for like 1g...ill drive it out there :D . anyway thats what i wanna do and then ill enjoy it til college and in the summers, save, save,save, get a good college education and find a tt.

fmax or toyomoto for ~350hp?
Bob

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same boat as BlackSupra93. I'm a junior and my parents said that they will pay for a turbo kit but they don't want me to kill myself so I'm going to go with the Fmax kit and the upgrade later to a T66. So with the 550cc AI, you should be able to get around 350hp with the Fmax Kit. Also if you are auto, get the shift kit and also get a tranny cooler.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
dude..

rw3 said:
I'm in the same boat as BlackSupra93. I'm a junior and my parents said that they will pay for a turbo kit but they don't want me to kill myself so I'm going to go with the Fmax kit and the upgrade later to a T66. So with the 550cc AI, you should be able to get around 350hp with the Fmax Kit. Also if you are auto, get the shift kit and also get a tranny cooler.
alright dude, its official, you f*ckin suck!! :mad: well not really, actually its awesome your parents will do that for you. for me all the money that goes towards the car is earned by me..except for the actual car...i only had to pay part of that.
i envy you dude. be responsible with your power. and i also recommend finding out a place that'll put it on reletively cheap..ie get help for someone like DaveH and do the work yourself..cuz i bet once the see the cost of the conversiton...they'll start to back away.
good luck to you
bob
--I NEED A SIG--

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will do the install myself. I do all maintanence on the car. CTC Motorsports is near me and they did Andi's Single Install and my uncle is the ex-roommate of Wayne. So I'll do the install myself and if I need help, Dave will be my first adviser. So, I'll let everyone know when I do go TURBO.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way BlackSupra93, you can go to my website and see my car. www.rwsupra.com Also when is your birthday because I just want to make sure I really am the Youngest Supra Owner.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
August...

rw3 said:
By the way BlackSupra93, you can go to my website and see my car. www.rwsupra.com Also when is your birthday because I just want to make sure I really am the Youngest Supra Owner.
August 2nd... you suck again!! congrats ya beat me. i didnt even give a thought to being the youngest. maybe you should make it youngest MKIV owner. im willing to bet there are some old "beater" status supras out there with younger owners than us.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The quality of that fmax is nowhere near the quality of a toyomoto kit.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also heard stage 1 starts at $5500.

Maybe the $9700 quote includes all labor and tuning?
Although, even if it does, it still seems high.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
itzloud said:
Bullshit...stage 1 is about $5500
Very intelligent response. What reason do I have to lie?

In a phone conversation, I was told $9,700 to install the stage 1 kit, and they would NOT sell just the parts. They did say that because my car was OBD II, the price was a bit higher, but I can't imagine by much....

At any rate, I figure I have about $4,000 into parts for the turbo and clutch upgrade I put together. I am going to the dyno today. Will let you know how it turned out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts