Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week picked up the chassis, the rear came stock full of toyota drivetrain parts, transfer cases, transmissions, everything with one or two duplicates (talk about a deal) tires in good condition, body is straight but could use some paint work and TLC

last night picked up MKIVSOOPRA's GE from before he did the TT swap

Just starting this thread now, it will probbably be a long project but I'll post pics as we go along of what it took to do everything. We're using two stock DSM turbos and welding flanges onto the stock exhaust manifold. It will be a low budget project with lots of fab work but I'm stoked. I needed a tow vehicle for the DSM and I thought it would be pretty awesome to pass some diesels up a steep grade with an 84 pickup towing the race car with the twins screaming :)

Leaving the motor high compression and low boost to keep torque up and boost response as fast as possible. It will probably still lag until 2500 or so but its a good 500hp worth of turbos.

·
Registered
78 Posts
sounds like fun...

my daily driver is............. well, my continuos project.....

good luck on fabricating...keep us up to date

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I'm glad my old motor will be put to good use :D

Oh yeah, the fan nuts and fan's pulley's nuts are probably just hand-tight. Check the rear coolant drain plug too. ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nice man. Make sure that frame is good and clean, especially behind the cab. I had one break in half once. It didn't even look that rusty from the outside. You may even want to think about spraying it with bedliner. Good luck with the project and keep this updated.

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The frame and everything is cool but there is some issue with the title. Have to do some kind of crap (jump through hoops) to get the title. I didnt want to spend a lot on the chassis since we might be chop shopping it up to make things work.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very nice start!

My MS kit is on the way, will be here in about a week. I was waiting for the V3 board but couldn't any more have to see the 2JZ running on MS. I got the V2.2 board, Stim board, relay board, MegaView and all the small parts.

You should look in to the -Extra code with stagged injectors option, I will use 12 stock injectors that way will have good idle and enough fuel for power later in the RPM's. And with high Z injectors no need for flyback board.

I'll keep you updated on the progress if you like.

Dennis

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nothing like putting a 2zj into a toyota pickup...I did it and was very pleased...Mine was a 2wd though...Made 677whp...Good luck on your project...
Dave

·
Registered
421 Posts
mega squirt? would it be hard to program or is there like some sort of ,.,.., ah, i have no idea what i am saying, i read a bit about it and it seems very hard to work with,,.., good luck man~!

·
Registered
558 Posts
gixxer_drew said:
beautiful! What did you run at the track?? What did you use for your transmission?
I had both a powerglide and a 5 speed in there...

I only ran it several times at low boost 18 psi and it ran 10.5 @ 133mph... Don't know what it would have run at 28 psi(which is where i made the 678whp) as I never ran it at the level...

Dave

·
Registered
119 Posts
All my MS stuff arived Friday, so im soldering it all together right now and will be for a couple more days. Here is a link to the pics of the stash:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dizoita/album?.dir=/ff35

mega squirt? would it be hard to program or is there like some sort of ,.,.., ah, i have no idea what i am saying, i read a bit about it and it seems very hard to work with,,.., good luck man~!
It was a lot to learn when I first started reading about it, but it was the same when I saw the first PC. All this thing does is what you tell it to do nothing more nothing less. You tell it to open the injectors for 20ms at a time and it will do that till the gas runs out. And there is a lot of suport on the Forum.

·
Supra + DSM = heaven
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are some MIGHTY impressive slips there buddy, that truck is sick. I could only hope to achieve something at that level.

Regarding megasquirt its about as difficult as the older gen haltech. Definately easier then AEM was before they changed to the newer interface :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts