Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you na-t guys running a meth kit? If so, which kit? How much boost you running with it? What fuel mods other than the meth inj.?

thanks,
jay

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
ditto,
still have my kit in the box, prolly install it soon as I have some time, since it's warmer now

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I ran Derek's kit for quite some time with my old setup. I have not tried it with the larger turbo (T71), IC (Greddy 4-row), and DaveH intake only because I have not tuned it, yet.

I will say this... it works if used properly, but it is prone to bugs if the installation is shoddy. I haven't had problems, but I know others have. For example, if the solid state relay isn't grounded properly and bolted to a good heat sink, you'll burn them up. If the meth reservoir doesn't vent to atmosphere, it will push methanol through the pump and into your IC even when off. You also need to be aware of the location of the reservoir. Mount it in a fender well and keep it below the nozzle; otherwise, it will gravity feed into the IC.

I can't run more than 15psi on pump without methanol. When I get it hooked up, it'll safely permit low 20s in boost. However, I wouldn't use it with more than 22psi of boost on 93 octane.

-scott

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
motorheaddown said:
I ran Derek's kit for quite some time with my old setup. I have not tried it with the larger turbo (T71), IC (Greddy 4-row), and DaveH intake only because I have not tuned it, yet.

I will say this... it works if used properly, but it is prone to bugs if the installation is shoddy. I haven't had problems, but I know others have. For example, if the solid state relay isn't grounded properly and bolted to a good heat sink, you'll burn them up. If the meth reservoir doesn't vent to atmosphere, it will push methanol through the pump and into your IC even when off. You also need to be aware of the location of the reservoir. Mount it in a fender well and keep it below the nozzle; otherwise, it will gravity feed into the IC.

I can't run more than 15psi on pump without methanol. When I get it hooked up, it'll safely permit low 20s in boost. However, I wouldn't use it with more than 22psi of boost on 93 octane.

-scott
is this straight methanol, or 50/50 mix?

I'm still tryign to find a srouce around me for meth.
I know some of the gand national guys run using the yellow (heavy duty winter) winshield fulid, cause thats like 80% methanol

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
I can't speak first hand on a NA-T but running 100% meth in a Razor kit in my Typhoon and plan to use the same kit for my NA-T. In my Typhoon I could run 15psi before getting knock activity on 91oct and w/it I was able to run 25+ psi w/o knock activity, turbo just ran out of breath.

All good tips above about gravity and pressure feeding.

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anybody have the website link for SMC meth. injection? also, what happened to derekdevises.com is he still selling his kits?

thanks,
jay

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
kdirty130 said:
does anybody have the website link for SMC meth. injection? also, what happened to derekdevises.com is he still selling his kits?

thanks,
jay
Jay, I think Derek stopped selling his kit, and I believe he now works/consults for HPF. But don't quote me on that information.

-scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts