Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if all goes as planned i will be picking up my new NA MK4 sometime next week ;) 95 Black :D Now, from what i heard Boost Logic's NA-Turbo Kit is the best bang for the buck.. The car is an auto and it has 135K miles but runs strong. Now id like to hear what NA-T people have to say about this or any other NA-T kit and the power it makes. Can the car keep up with say a new 911 turbo?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not interested in record, i am talking about average auto times/power with this kit. since its an auto i doubt it will take more than 9psi, so my options are limited.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
With a built auto trans, their std kit (61mm turbo?) and all the supporting fuel management mods, you ought to run 11's relatively easily.

My car isn't the record, some shop in FL ran a 9.97 with their NA-T.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright if i just run 7 to 9 psi on stock headgasket and tranny, do i still need a FMIC?

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
u can still run a smic off a TT but i would go for a fmic for future power ... as for a HG i would swap it to a 2mm to be on the safeside .

P.s i just noticed that u are an auto ... u better be saving up for a tranny upgrade if u plan on to be boosting 7-9 psi . i know ppl that had tranny slipping issue when boostin at such psi..

Joe

·
Registered
265 Posts
DaveH said:
The Lujan Supra, a T70 on a VVT-i motor with a Haltech and spray. You're right behind that though Dave, and i'm sure you'll have the NA-T record by next season, then all you'll have to worry about is Ethan Banks ;) .

1nline...you may want to check out the SP header as well.

- Jon

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
DaveH said:
Yep, Humberto's Quicksilver supra. Beauty of a car in person. He works over @ toyomoto and the car was at dynamic turbo a couple months ago for some upgrading. Wonder what its running now :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
DaSupra said:
Yep, Humberto's Quicksilver supra. Beauty of a car in person. He works over @ toyomoto and the car was at dynamic turbo a couple months ago for some upgrading. Wonder what its running now :)

I thought the car had been sold, good to see it's still around. What's amazing is that he supposedly clicked that 9.9 with a stock converter and on a stock NA rear, with stock VVT-i cam and a TT exhaust cam (which is apparently the same anyway). That would be some feat, the automatics are very quick but that's freakish, even with a built bottom end and spray. I have a video of the run, he's got O.Z. 19's on the front :). Full system w/ 'glass tub too, DVD, heavy car...

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
whats the minimum PSI you can run. im starting to look at turbo components and tentatively planning a turbo kit completeion by the summer following this one.

could i run as low as 5psi? and how would i do that? an 8psi wastegate spring and then a boost contoller?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
The Lujan Supra, a T70 on a VVT-i motor with a Haltech and spray. You're right behind that though Dave, and i'm sure you'll have the NA-T record by next season, then all you'll have to worry about is Ethan Banks ;) .
- Jon
No worries about Ethan, his car never stays together long enough. ;) haa haaa

j/k ethan

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
whats the minimum PSI you can run. im starting to look at turbo components and tentatively planning a turbo kit completeion by the summer following this one.

could i run as low as 5psi? and how would i do that? an 8psi wastegate spring and then a boost contoller?
you can only boost as low as the w/g spring is set for....so an 8psi sping is the lowest you can run.

·
Registered
265 Posts
DaveH said:

j/k ethan

Oooh that's coold Dave, Ethan's comin' ta get ya!

·
Registered
790 Posts
DaveH said:

j/k ethan
He speaks the truth! This one has 600 miles on it though with no problems (which is a record for this setup), so get ready come spring time!:devil:

-Ethan

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Keep up with a porsche? i doubt it bro. even if it bumps u up to about 320-330 rwhp, the new 911 (nonturbo) is 320 hp, and its a porsche, and a supra is a toyota. Just my opinion

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
1nline6 said:
Can the car keep up with say a new 911 turbo?
The new 911 Turbos have 415hp @6000 rpm. The all wheel drive systems will kill you out of the hole, 4.3 sec 0-60. I was actually keeping pace with one on the highway saturday up till about 120mph. He would try to leave me but just couldn't pull away.:D

Kirk, as for that car

it was on Tamparacing about 9 months ago. Alpha posted about it said it was an NA-TT swap. built to over 1000rwhp:rolleyes: .
Haven't hear anything else about it. Its running a cool looking dizzy system on the intake cam gear for ignition control though. Check groundzeromotorsports.com , Ithink it is on there web page, their the ones that built it.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
kirk - today he told me it was built for 1200-1300RWHP... I don't know if I could believe that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts