Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the drag strip today for the season finals. Haven't changed anything on the car except experimenting with different air pressures in the slicks, and the driver has been working on launching the car better. :) I managed to run a 10.86 @ 126mph, which is about .13 sec faster than my previous best. I think cooling the car between runs helped the most, altho the driver is getting a little better too. heh

This is still the completely stock n/a engine, just a 3mm head gasket and ARP head studs. N/A's rule! :D

·
1,005 Posts
Has the engine ever been rebuilt?

Hey I'm curious if the engine was ever rebuilt? I'm guessing not since u said it was completely stock, but have you ever had to replace any major engine parts?

Nice times btw!:bthumb:

R

·
0 Posts
What all did you have to do to put the turbo on there and what size is it??

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rallysport: quite a few changes.... thick head gasket to lower compresson, complete rework of the fuel system, electronics like the VPC, ect. SP63 turbo.

soarer: 18psi of boost and a 75 shot of nitrous. 50/50 pump gas and 104 octane unleaded

·
Registered
72 Posts
10.86?? Thats all it has in it? :) I had my car to the track recently for the Battle of the imports and it did well......even under the circumstances which I will get to. As you know, Dave, I have been experiancing trans problems. We swapped out the built trans for a boner stock unit to see if it was the built trans that was having problems. The car was better but still not right, BUT, it was drivable and able to make a showing at the track.
During the 45 minute drive to the track the car was thoroughly beat on to see if the trans would hold. During these experiments I happened to line up against Gary in SP02 running an SP63 kit/no NOS. SP02 went [email protected] mph the week previous to this even so I knew what I was up against.
We went from a 45 mph roll. He hit it, I hit it and in that time he pulled a car length on me. At 120 mph we were door to door and at 145 I had a full car length on him. I was impressed with my cars performance...to say the least. SO, I ran the car down the track at the event. I ran 25 psi on 100 octane. With a 1.91 60 ft on Nitto DR's the car went [email protected] mph..wildly bouncing off the 8000 rpm rev limiter as many as 5 times on the 1-2 upshift.
After we figure out these trans electrical problems, raise the boost to about 30 psi, and put the car on a tire, it should go deeply in the 10's! :D These N/A's are awesome!!
Great run Dave H.!!

Dave Stika

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn that sucsk, I'm surprised a stock tranny stayed together for you. :eek: Any chance you'll get it all together before the snow flies? I'm happy with the 10.8, but I think there is a little more in it...heh heh... Once I get the big injectors back in it I can turn up the boost a bit. Are you staying with the converter you have now? Think I'm gonna get a higher stall.

K

·
0 Posts
congrats on the 10.8 run!

DaveH said:
I'm happy with the 10.8, but I think there is a little more in it...heh heh... Once I get the big injectors back in it I can turn up the boost a bit. Are you staying with the converter you have now? Think I'm gonna get a higher stall. [/B]
congradulations on the awesome run! man, i won't be seeing 10s anytime in the future. i just want mid 11s. :D

mike

ps. i know someone who'll be interested in purchasing your TC if you decide to sell it. email me privately. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, my trans should be ready to go back in soon. Im upgrading to the stage 2 converter since Im going to have the trans out anyway.

Dave Stika

DaveH said:
Damn that sucsk, I'm surprised a stock tranny stayed together for you. :eek: Any chance you'll get it all together before the snow flies? I'm happy with the 10.8, but I think there is a little more in it...heh heh... Once I get the big injectors back in it I can turn up the boost a bit. Are you staying with the converter you have now? Think I'm gonna get a higher stall.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Dave! Definitely let me know what you think of the new converter! Hope you get a good pass in before the snow flies... although you'll probably bump me off as the quickest na-t.... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts