Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nat-t project is well one its way, I'd post pics of the progress If I could figure out how. progress as of now motor removed install 2.5mm Bl headgasket and had the head freshen up, and I got a DaveH intake manifold on the way. I have a turbo setup I bought from a guy in japan that I'm gonna use for now till I bite the bullet and get the BL kit. The manifold I have is setup for a Greddy 20g. Hopfully I can make 400ish hp for now. Now my question I did some looking around at clutches, yes I did a search too.......whats your thoughts on the horsepower freaks clutch? Is it just a act pp and there 6puck clutch? Does it chatter? Which clutch are you using and are you happy with it? Thanks for any input....
Ryan

·
565rwhp Turbo Lexus
727 Posts
HPF w/ ACT PP.

No chatter, not very stiff, easy to drive, fun fun fun. My wife could drive my 565rwhp Lexus to get groceries with no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
rps

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
SoAngel said:
HPF w/ ACT PP.

No chatter, not very stiff, easy to drive, fun fun fun. My wife could drive my 565rwhp Lexus to get groceries with no problems at all.
You're right about the light pedal effort and it is pretty easy to drive. I've noticed that it will chatter if driven a certain way, for me at least. When I take off very slowly feathering the clutch at lower RPM < 1500 it will start to get very grabby and start to chatter. It won't chatter when I'm aggressive with my take off though, giving it plenty of gas. I just can't drive it like I drive my Bronco II.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just bought my rps max street disk cluth and installing it this weekend . Ive heard pretty good things about it so i guess ill find out ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just ordered the RPS max w/street disk too. Hopefully I can install it this weekend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
96sc3 said:
does the rps max chatter at all?
I've heard that it doesn't, but I can let you know once I get it installed. I should have it in this weekend.

·
Registered
421 Posts
what choice would be best amoung clutch master stage 3,RPS MAX Pressure Plate w-Street Disc Clutch, or HorsepowerFreaks Bronze - SC300 Clutch Kits?? at most i am going to have 350 torque, .,., again, nothing that will break the w-58 and something with good drivabitly and has to hold the power.,..,,. thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Yeah im in the same boat...looking for a clutch to hold that much power 300-350..but i was told to go with a Spec stage 3, or stage 2...still trying to decide though

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have a 92 sc300 manual tranny swaping in a 2jzgte motor the plan is to use my 5speed with the motor how can i use it with the motor twin turbo clutch and na flywheel or is it the other way around

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you are planning to make monster horsepower you should pick up a powerhouse racing clutch. it will handle up to 600 hp. by far the most i have seen for a 5 spd tranny. i plan on picking this up i have a 2jzgte sc300 w/ 5spd.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I have the RPS Max pp with street disc and love it. It engages like stock and can hold the power. The stiffness took a little bit to get used to though.

IIJZSC300DRIFTER said:
i have a 92 sc300 manual tranny swaping in a 2jzgte motor the plan is to use my 5speed with the motor how can i use it with the motor twin turbo clutch and na flywheel or is it the other way around
You will need the NA flywheel (with NA fw bolts) and NA clutch to mate a 2jzgte to the 5spd.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts