Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back story... 2 weeks ago, the NA-T Supra vs the M5... Owner of the M5 wouldn't give me the new numbers but stated it made over 700whp on 21psi on pump gas... He said the car was on 27-28psi with race gas and meth injection now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3G8JxIzGao

Found out the clutch was slipping on the second race... Fast forward 2 weeks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrOZ1C1lxs

Nothing changed on either car minus fixing a clutch issue the Supra was having...

The second car in the video was a 739whp Camaro ZL1... Owner was super cool and after the race he said "I thought my car was fast..... until that just happened." He said it with a smile on his face though and gave props to the Supra...

It's amazing how much difference a properly working clutch can have on a race... I hope you guys enjoy the videos!

·
Registered
713 Posts
A boosted M5? That must cost a fortune......

Well done. You stomped a super expensive over rated car in a 21 year old Toyota.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A boosted M5? That must cost a fortune......

Well done. You stomped a super expensive over rated car in a 21 year old Toyota.
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmw/M/M5/

It is the new generation that comes stock with a 4.4 twin turbo... I believe they are 100k before any mods and he has some nice parts on it... I'll be honest, it's a beautiful car and very unassuming... I was shocked at how he beat the Supra on 24psi 2 weeks ago by a fender... After that, I knew a rematch was needed and it went much better the second time around... Car was on kill mode and my buddy driving the car knows how to drive :)

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice video love the rematch video!
Thanks! I was very happy on the outcome... The owner of the BMW wants to turn his up a bit more and would like a rematch... If that happens, I will post that video as well...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Your buddy can drive the shit out of your car Milon! Nice races.

·
Registered
713 Posts
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmw/M/M5/

It is the new generation that comes stock with a 4.4 twin turbo... I believe they are 100k before any mods and he has some nice parts on it... I'll be honest, it's a beautiful car and very unassuming... I was shocked at how he beat the Supra on 24psi 2 weeks ago by a fender... After that, I knew a rematch was needed and it went much better the second time around... Car was on kill mode and my buddy driving the car knows how to drive :)
Damn now I fell really dumb. BUT it makes your kill even more impressive. Well done.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your buddy can drive the shit out of your car Milon! Nice races.
Yessir he is an amazing driver! Thank you!

Damn now I fell really dumb. BUT it makes your kill even more impressive. Well done.
Don't feel bad, I had no clue they came factory turbo until I met this guy...

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
impressive pull.. pushing that na-t envelope
Thank you! You got that right LOL! One day I will build an engine for my car instead of living on the edge :rofl:

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
just picked up a 2014 M5, they are pretty impressive and with down pipes and a tune only they are doing 650whp, but weigh 4200lbs

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just picked up a 2014 M5, they are pretty impressive and with down pipes and a tune only they are doing 650whp, but weigh 4200lbs
Yes they are extremely impressive... And this one looks amazing too (looks stock with R888 tires in the back)... Beautiful, fast, and has all the luxuries... That combination has me smiling as I am a sucker for big cars and this one has the performance too! I wish my daily (LS460L) had this type of power LOL!!!

Congrats on your car purchase! I think you will be very happy with it...

·
Boost Junkie
12,486 Posts
Nice runs! Car sounds fantastic.

Steve

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice kills there. did i read correctly that you weren't driving your car? why don't you race your own car?
Thanks! That's correct... The race was setup for a good friend of mine to drive my car vs the M5... Plus in all honesty, I feel that he is a better driver than me LOL! Not to mention I also had my daughter with me so I drove in a separate car...

Nice runs! Car sounds fantastic.

Steve
Thanks Steve! If you ever make it this way, we need to set up a race between us for fun :)

Good runs, the TT M5's are nice cars.
Thanks! Yes, that car is absolutely beautiful and fast!

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice runs. Why didn't you run from a dig? I'm assuming you would have done fine if you have R888's on there. Also, what is your compression?
Thanks! M5 specifically asked for a 45 roll so that is what we did (he said that's his best bet)... I am not sure as I have not tried to launch my car on the street... Compression is 9.something:1 (whatever it is with a NA block/head and TT head gasket)...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts