Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 auto na SC300 and it will soon be boosted. My problem is, from what iv heard, this tranny wont hold much over 300 wheel. I dont plan on crazy amounts of hp but I want an auto tranny that will hold. What are my options? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts
We've had a tt auto tranny run on a APU MKIV putting out 530 rwhp for almost a year without any issues, ended up converting to a 6spd afterwards but the tranny still worked great. I'd say 400 is easily do-able with a decent sized tranny cooler.

Kruso

· Found E85 NOT in NJ!
8,732 Posts
We've had a tt auto tranny run on a APU MKIV putting out 530 rwhp for almost a year without any issues, ended up converting to a 6spd afterwards but the tranny still worked great. I'd say 400 is easily do-able with a decent sized tranny cooler.

Kruso
+1

However, I remember SuperRunner was running like 700rwhp through his NA auto transmission.

I believe he said the trick was letting the transmission full engage between shifts and the romp on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.