Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 NA-T cali spec, auto dave h pt 52, fmic, 2.5mm headgasket, 440 inj. vpc, safc2 and a innovative wideband.

My problems are trying to tune and get this thing running. im trying to get the car to idle normally and im at the point where the car fires up every time, the idle is set somewhat high at around 1400 rpms and hold idle fine for a while at 9.5 af/r. i low throttle 1000 rpms set at -20 and the vpc idle knob doesnt seem to change the af/r at all. it doesnt matter which way i turn it the af/r stays the same for the most part. sometims my idle goes crazy and all of a sudden after a few minutes of running it will die off and drop to below 200 and the car would die. i put the resistor in where the afm plugged into. anyways my problem is trying to tune this idle down and keep it from dying off constantly. anyone have anything i should check, like which wire in the vpc controles the af/r for idle?

all the knobs on the vpc are going straight up. what could be wrong?

what are the 2 terminals u connect to check what codes ur throwing? i forget and mkiv.com is down.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do u know what chip is in it? i opened it up but couldnt figure it out, ill open it again and tell ya what i see.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
okay well theres a sticker on 1 of the chips inside the ecu that has hand writing on it saying sup011 N, is that right?

why would i want a mk3 550 when im 95 na-t with 440s?.. im asking the guy i bought em from and hopefully i can get a response from him soon. if it was the wrong chip would it be causing some of these problems im having? like it not changing the mixture when i turn the idle knob and such?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Grason said:
okay well theres a sticker on 1 of the chips inside the ecu that has hand writing on it saying sup011 N, is that right?

why would i want a mk3 550 when im 95 na-t with 440s?.. im asking the guy i bought em from and hopefully i can get a response from him soon. if it was the wrong chip would it be causing some of these problems im having? like it not changing the mixture when i turn the idle knob and such?
just responded to your question. yeah that is the right chip for 93-95 supra because you are OBDI. you can go to hksusa.com and verify that is the right chip.

if you go to the bottom of this page, it show's your chip being for the MKIII stock injectors
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=863

I'm wondering, where did you "T" your map sensor in? that may be the problem.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right at the intake manifold where the Y part meets up with the other intake piece. its at the front part of the Y closest to the front of the car. theres a vac that goes out and points towards the passenger side of the car, thats where i put the sensor for the vpc. the other sensor the screw in is at the 1st intercooler pipe about a foot away from the throttlebody. its coming outa the manifold and whatever it use to go to i capped off ad i just put that 1 there. i removed alot of vac lines cuz i got rid of the egr and all thoes hard vac lines. did i put it in a okay spot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts