Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went down to the shop this weekend to work on my car and finally got it to run for like 5 minutes, and that was with my foot on the gas almost floored. when it was running it was really rich. after the car ran for those five minutes it just died and when i went to start it back up it didnt start. i was still gettin a code 78 so i decided to unhook my fuel pump and try and start the car...so when i do this the car just starts right up and idle's really good and doesnt run rich and stays running until the gas runs out...has anyone ever had this problem or have any idea what this might be?

thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmmm, what fuel pressure regulator are you running? Sounds like you might be getting to much fuel pressure but just a guess on my part.

B.Kidd

·
Registered
249 Posts
Seems like other people are using the stock FPR going NA-T but not sure if they are running a bigger fuel pump. That could be your problem but will take someone else that has experience in that to chime in here. I know I'm not much help but that could be the problem.

B.Kidd

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
What pump are you using? When I swithched my stocker out my fpr just shit the bed. It stuck closed and sent full pressure to the inj.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
running a walbro GSS341 right now with the stock FPR....car is running fine. Usually see about 2.75 bar of fuel pressure at idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts