Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a turbo kit on my 92 SC300 Auto. The car drives fine but won't rev over 3500-3800rpm. I've change the following from stock:

SAFCII installed
Breather hoses left open (the 2 that attatch to the intake pipe)
02 Sensor changed to a screw in type and 2 wires merged to one
Karman Sensor is before the Turbo

I haven't got any check engine lights and the car runs fine and a/f ratio is almost perfect but the car just won't rev over 3800. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in as this is quite discouraging.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
What does it do at ~3800 that keeps it from reving? Does the ignition cut out?

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
builtsohc said:
I put a turbo kit on my 92 SC300 Auto. The car drives fine but won't rev over 3500-3800rpm. I've change the following from stock:

SAFCII installed
Breather hoses left open (the 2 that attatch to the intake pipe)
Karman Sensor is before the Turbo

I haven't got any check engine lights and the car runs fine and a/f ratio is almost perfect but the car just won't rev over 3800. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in as this is quite discouraging.

please dont merge o2 together!

Also do you have a wideband to see how rich your running? If your running super pig rich it wont allow you to rev over a certain rpm and etc...

·
Registered
402 Posts
i thought it was ok to merge o2s but on the side note its got to be either ignition or fuel being cut off. and sorry but i dont know what engine is in a 92 sc did they have the 2jz ge's in them that year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a wideband. It runs fine (~14.7:1) at part throttle but when you get on it it goes rich (~10:1) sometimes... sometimes it'll go a little lean >15:1 so I'm leaning towards the 02sensor. btw, the motor is a 2jzge. I didn't think the ecu used the 02 sensor over a certain throttle position. Most efi cars (in my experience) switch to closed loop when you go past ~50% or so throttle position and don't even reference the 02 sensor so I figured it wouldn't matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts