Discussion Starter · #8 ·
neostreamsupra said:
its called a vpc
i didnt answer because i wasnt sure if he was kidding :lol:

·
11,217 Posts
neostreamsupra said:
its called a vpc
Well that wasn't exactly my question. There's several setup out there that gets rid of the maf, was asking on which one he went with. Cause talking to him a while back, he said he was just gonna take the plunge and get AEM.

·
TT This
917 Posts
+1 for doing the work yourself :)

Did you change the head gasket too? Also ever since I got my MAP ECU I can't stop telling everyone I talk to how great it is. If you find some extra money I'd recommend it :bigthumb:

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
hehe i blew first did my own NA-T blew up my motor, swapped engines, then now tuning the new and improved NA-T myself

miles ahead of you kirk :dunno:

hehe poke poke,

so have you tried to run it yet? any oil leaks i got a question for you whenever your online im me if you would be so kind.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
gamimnon said:
hehe i blew first did my own NA-T blew up my motor, swapped engines, then now tuning the new and improved NA-T myself

miles ahead of you kirk :dunno:

hehe poke poke,

so have you tried to run it yet? any oil leaks i got a question for you whenever your online im me if you would be so kind.
no offense but the way you ran the car on your first setup you were asking to blow the motor and you know it :p glad to see everything is going great for you.

BTW as it stands I have not started the car yet because I have the OBD1 VPC chip, not the OBD2 (which I am ATM), waiting on my ECU tomorrow so I could convert to OBD1... then working out the leaks (if any), etc... I triple checked everything to lower the chances of anything being left out.

I am on stock compression right now because I didnt want the car to be down longer.. and I honestly don't have the time to work on it as much as I want to because of my work schedule, going out, working on a TT>single aswell.

Waiting on BL to finish their intake manifold so I could purchase their turbo mani, intake mani, and go with a larger turbo setup....AEM is already in the works. just need a larger fuel system and I will be ready to roll for after summer with a completely new setup on lower compression..I figured I'd atleast get my feet wet with this setup before going all out. :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Congratulations!

Big thumbs up for doing the install yourself, amazing job :bigthumb:

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kmn5 said:
nice :bigthumb:
how long did it take you?
too long, i dont get to work on it much because I work crazy hours.. plus some days i am too tired from work to even touch the car.. its been a month and a half now, but i've also been waiting for last minute parts to come in the mail. It's been fun.. but I want to drive the car now :lol: Waiting on my ECU which comes in today to convert the car over to OBD1 then I'll be able to drive the car...good times :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts