Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 1990 NA for 1000 the engine isnt great but the body is excelent(which is y i picked it up) and i want to convert it to a Turbo, the guy who allways does my shit told me about $4500 for him to do it w/bran new engine w/warranty and rebuilt(pretty sure he said that) is that a fair price? or is it a bit high?

·
Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the search sucks,i try every day, its an error, or it shows up in like 30 mins which no one has time to wait that long,lol,thanks, im reading that now

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Dude, you can also go here.

http://bkriz.mkiiisupra.com/7M.htm

Mr. Kriz has done a wonderful job of documenting the NA-T process with this car and has done an even better job of putting the car together. You may want to read up on his site also.

A

·
0 Posts
I think you should swap the entire engine for a 7M-GTE - Lots of tuning, money and work to put together a 7M-GE turbo, regardless of if you swap electronics or not - that high compression is tonnes of trouble... You can get a really good condition 7M-GTE w\ turbo for under a grand - spend another 1 or 2 thousand to have it freshened up (new bearings, gaskets, water/oil pumps, etc - MHG) before you drop it in, and you'll have lots of trouble-free, boostin' miles ahead of you.

A

·
0 Posts
Well, first off, find out EXACTLY what he's doing for you - What has been done to this engine, is it brand new from Toyota, or is it a JDM engine? If so,w hat has been done to rebuild it? Does that price include EVERYthing for the swap? b/c you'll need a new harness, a new tranny, new clutch assembly, new exhuast system, etc, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts