Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around for a while now and have been reading the the posts on converting the na to a turbo. I see this as a definite plan for the future of my car. What I am wondering is the mods I do to my car now can I still use them when I bolt on the turbo. The mods will be cam gears, cam shaft, underdriven pulleys, obviously air filter and exhaust will be. What about the rest?

Also, when the new head gasket is installed to lower compression for the turbo cant a pre made header be used for the turbo, greddy or hks. All the conversions Ive seen have custom headers. My aim hear is to just purchase a head gasket from hks say and then the header from greddy with the turbo, an apexi intercooler plus this plus that. Wont the header fit or something?

Thanks for your help guys.

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
Inquisitor said:
I have been lurking around for a while now and have been reading the the posts on converting the na to a turbo. I see this as a definite plan for the future of my car. What I am wondering is the mods I do to my car now can I still use them when I bolt on the turbo. The mods will be cam gears, cam shaft, underdriven pulleys, obviously air filter and exhaust will be. What about the rest?

Also, when the new head gasket is installed to lower compression for the turbo cant a pre made header be used for the turbo, greddy or hks. All the conversions Ive seen have custom headers. My aim hear is to just purchase a head gasket from hks say and then the header from greddy with the turbo, an apexi intercooler plus this plus that. Wont the header fit or something?

Thanks for your help guys.
Well, unfortunately greddy or HKS do not make turbo headers for the NA MKIV. All the Supra headers they have are for the TT not the NA and they do not fit the NA. The bolt pattern is different. That's why us NA guys need a custom made headers (SP, Toyomoto, PH, F-MAX).
Now, I'm not sure about cam gears, cam shaft, underdriven pulleys... but like you said, the intake and exhaust will be good for your turbo conversion.
Hope this helps

--Oliver

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MkIV 1994 SZR Full Veilside exterior CI kit with 18" wheels the Five spoke ones. Looks almost identical to the metallic one on the Veilside site, not the white one with the black flared guards.

So the pre made headers wont fit what about the head gasket? Are these custom to?

Oh and another question, what computer management are mode you guys using? I was thinking the Apexi Power FC. Then again is the FC available for the 2JZGE loom or only for the GTE?

Makes you wonder some times if its all worth it hey....

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
The HKS, Greddy won't fit at all. You do however have a choice from PHR, F-max etc. Get a TT exhaust for now. It will fit & you will loose some bottom end, making it up on the upper range. Get with the members who are at it right now & see their parts list. Oh yeah I don't think the TT clutches are for n/a's either. Some members have gone with Clutchmasters or ACT, both in Stage 3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts