Discussion Starter #1
ok i just went NA-T and dont have enough money for
the AEM stand alone but i want somethin cheaper untill
i can get one just not sure what to get hope yal can help
me out and give me some advice on what to get.. Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
if you run low boost (under 7psi) the maf shoud read the extra air and you will be ok. i had a safc and did not have to move it a bit with the stock injectors and maf. if you changed that stuff you will need a safc at minimum.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
You really need to describe your entire setup. Without knowing turbo size, injector size, what psi your planning to run, tranny, etc, etc making recommendations just isn't possible.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Listen to Kb and you wont go wrong....he helped me out a few times already. I am getting into the supra game a little late and have some catching up to do. There are few people i trust online for factual info, I usually just ask for opinions and make my own decisions. I seem to agree with everything KB says all of the time so that must mean he knows his shit! ;)

I do know for a fact you will need a safc at minimum if you are changing injectors cause i just changed injecotrs and the maf and it was suposed to be a plug and play setup according to some other people and my a/f readings were way off. I was able to adjust it with my safc via wideband feedback.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
0'd out on a maf with turbo? I would definetly get something to control the fuel, my map is anything but 0'd out.. especially around 4k when it builds boost its super lean

·
Registered
206 Posts
possibly a map-ecu. i have one but its not tuned yet so i could give you any personal experience. i have heard good and bad. atleast it does away with the maf.

·
Banned
216 Posts
honestly, i have gone the safc/v8maf, and no way in hell would i do it again. with the safc i also ran msd 6btm, it all worked but not perfect with a few glitches. just save your pennies and go standalone, you will not regret it in the future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts