Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I currently own a 1989 Toyota Supra and it’s unbelievably slow. I know just enough about the Turbo models to get by but I don’t know anything about NA to NA-t conversion. Is there a Turbo kit for a MKIII? I'm really lost and honestly have no idea what I'm doing, Please help. Also dose anybody know any quick cheap mods for HP?

Thx

·
Registered
24 Posts
The_h4wk said:
Hi, I currently own a 1989 Toyota Supra and it’s unbelievably slow. I know just enough about the Turbo models to get by but I don’t know anything about NA to NA-t conversion. Is there a Turbo kit for a MKIII? I'm really lost and honestly have no idea what I'm doing, Please help. Also dose anybody know any quick cheap mods for HP?

Thx
http://www.speedtoys.com/~stryder/

Read above link. It is very helpful.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
NA supras are NOT "unbelievably slow." You're spoiled and/or dumb if you think so. It's RELATIVELY slow compared to cars with huge v8's, turbos, or newer, better designed engines. It's stupid to think you can win drag races with it, but its also stupid to whine about how slow they are. I could name loads of slower cars.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
miekedmr said:
NA supras are NOT "unbelievably slow." You're spoiled and/or dumb if you think so. It's RELATIVELY slow compared to cars with huge v8's, turbos, or newer, better designed engines. It's stupid to think you can win drag races with it, but its also stupid to whine about how slow they are. I could name loads of slower cars.

Yes, I could be an asshole to, and say that you're dumb if you think NA supras are not slow but no body would care about my opinion, just like no one gives one shit about yours. He didn't ask to have some jerk call him names, he asked for help making his car faster.

The link posted in post number 2 is about one of the best resources around to swapping a complete turbo engine into your car. That's what I'm in the process of doing right now.

Its not cheap, I think he recommends budgeting 2k to do the complete swap, or he'll do it for you for 2800 or somthing. If you're not confident you can do it yourself, that might be a good option for you, he (the site owner) is very knowladgeable when it comes to our supras

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
miekedmr said:
Dude chill, I'm not spoiled I worked my butt off to buy that 89 NA. And I'm not whining about it. I said it was ""unbelievably slow" so what. There’s no sense in making a big deal about it. Don’t get me worked up on the forums; you’ll get Ur butt flamed dawg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok im done laughing. Have you even clicked on the MK3 FAQ link at the top of the screen yet? click that go about 5 down on that and there ya go. Dam you may be new but SEARCH is your friend.

·
slowest restoration ever
626 Posts
Sorry, I was being an ass there. I was in a bad mood and the way people are so negative about the NAs gets to me sometimes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts