Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not sure what the avg. price differences are between insuring a tt and insuring an na. i have friends that pay an assload to insure their tt's, and i have other pretty broke friends that can still get their na's insured w/o a huge hit in the wallet.

hypothetically, would the cost of converting an na to a tt eventually pay itself off (or make it more worthwhile) if you bought an na, insured it as an na, and then swapped in the tt motor/tranny/etc.? would that be considered insurance fraud lol? you na-t guys don't pay anymore for insurance than the na guys, do you?

and finally, i'm curious how many people here have actually swapped a motor? it's not the hardest task in the world, but for some reason swapping a tt motorset into an na seems like such a forbidden and impossible idea for many. i've done 15+ swaps (honda/nissan), and i really can't imagine how the level of difficulty could get out of hand. i can get oem toyota parts at cost, and i know the ins and outs of swapping engines, trannys, electronics, etc., yet i'm discouraged when i bring up the topic. the reason i'm asking this is because a decent na supra can drop as low as 10k (or lower), and i can't imagine the swap costing me more than 10k, which basically leaves me w/ a low mileage tt supra and na insurance for 20k or less.

just curious...i'm not trying to go against the grain too much...i appreciate any kind of info/input....thanks

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I was quoted 473/month for the NA and 475/month for the TT......... $2 dollar difference.. and clean record.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
i have my insurance rate at 180/month for a 95 n/a sport roof - state farm, good grades discount, steer clear discount, multi-car discount....i think thats it....im also 16 and i live in arkansas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts