Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get my hands on a usdm tt driveshaft and bought the connection so that the driveshaft could be hooked up to the transmission (4 bolt pattern). With the TT driveshaft, the 3-bolt end does not bolt up perfectly with the n/a diff. What should I do?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never really noticed if people swapping motors are also doing the rear end. Since I usually see the driveshaft listed as one of the parts (and no mention of a particular rear end) so I assumed that I would be set with the TT driveshaft and N/A diff. I looked up the rubber bushing that the driveshaft connects to, and that would set me back about $200. I'm not even sure if that will completely solve me problem either.

·
Banned
466 Posts
what i got is a TT auto driveshaft and gs300 diff "geared at 3.26" i was told it should bolt up perfectly, but maybe some others can put some insight to this.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Well if your using the TT Tranny and NA Diff like I am - you'll need a custom DS - at least where your TT Driveshaft will bolt up to the Rear End. I actually have a JDM Tranny where the output shaft is different than the US Version. Not really sure what exact setup I have, I'm not sure if I'm using a part from a GS300 or SC400 for the front half of the DS and then a modified rear DS half to hook up the NA Diff. Either way if your using the TT DS - you need to cut and modify it. My mechanic David and Brian - who aren't on here that much did all the work and took it to a place. They can help you but David got kicked off Supraforums. Maybe someone will chime in. Now if you were using a NA Tranny of some sort you would have No problems - cause I ran that setup a while back as well - Built NA Tranny with a TT Swap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That helps out a great bit! I have a JDM TT transmission and have already been able to hook up the driveshaft to that tranny. I had a feeling that I might need to get an SC300/400 DS and/or modify the end of the driveshaft to fit the rear diff.
I'm open to any other comments :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts