Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
not if you do it yourself. Garland is hte man. Did everything himself from what iundersnta and dynoed at 320 to the hweels on stock engine with NA 5 speed. His Ref up there sounds kinda shady

·
Registered
703 Posts
how bout we just drop it off at garland's place? haha he's a nice guy! I already told him he should start offering to swap other na-->TT swap guys for a bit of cash. haha.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to be honest, i was actually thinking of doing that! maybe i can learn a thing or two during the whole process.

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
Ineed2speed said:
how bout we just drop it off at garland's place? haha he's a nice guy! I already told him he should start offering to swap other na-->TT swap guys for a bit of cash. haha.
sounds like a plan...he can even take us to the same ref guy and get everything apporved....:eek: :eek: :cool: :D

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
:lol: you guys are funny. If I still had my old job (better hours, less stress), I would offer to do it for other people. I can't do it now though.

old man celica said:
sounds like a plan...he can even take us to the same ref guy and get everything apporved....:eek: :eek: :cool: :D
No need to get it approved... read my thread :D

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
THATS IT! my plans for Na-T changed. Had the money but I bought a new decked out Infiniti FX instead so i can get to my upcoming job and make more $$$. Guess the Supra will always be there......TT HERE I COME!!! :D...now, i just cant wait to get my new job with all these interviews im doing and get that phat ass bonus!

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
nice kev, good luck to ya and keep us all up to date. I'll join you as soon as I can with the swap

·
CHOKEAHOE'S MY NAME
252 Posts
zaknafein said:
your right. i don't have one... yet, but the price of NAs are hella affordable. I'm sure i can find a theft recovery NA for like 5k.
I think the price you would spend on the TT motor, Tranny, brakes labor and misc part you would need to swap it to a true TT would be close to what you would spend on a high milage TT. not to mention the down time. Also it would be a big hassle to find a complete motor tranny ect... if your trying to do this on such a small budget, shouldnt even bother might aswell save up and get a TT , this hobby ain't cheap

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BLITZDMKIV said:
I think the price you would spend on the TT motor, Tranny, brakes labor and misc part you would need to swap it to a true TT would be close to what you would spend on a high milage TT. not to mention the down time. Also it would be a big hassle to find a complete motor tranny ect... if your trying to do this on such a small budget, shouldnt even bother might aswell save up and get a TT , this hobby ain't cheap
I know this. I haven't done thorough research, but i've read plenty of threads that concerned the contrast of money spent between a TT and an NA. Money isn't an issue for me, although downtime is, but i think the experience of learning how its done hands on would be priceless. Braggin' rights would be hella coo too :D

J

·
0 Posts
mkivsoopra said:
:lol: you guys are funny. If I still had my old job (better hours, less stress), I would offer to do it for other people. I can't do it now though.
have u done the swap before?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts