Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the topic states, I was wondering on how complicated would it be to convert and Non-Turbo to a Turbo. I would say not hard just slap on a turbo and there you go but i want to know how hard would it be to switch out the non turbo motor to a turbo on... this will all be done on a 1995 Toyota Supra non-turbo... Any adivice would be greatly appericated.
If there is a link to a how to please show me i tryed to search but the search engine was down....

·
Registered
5 Posts
rly, with all parts and everything... i think the total for the swap would be pointless.
i have a full parts list and guide on my other computer so nxt time im on it ill PM it 2 you.

but i think ur best bet would be selling the N/A and buying a TT.

also just slapping a turbo onto the n/a engine would work, but it wont make the same kind of number b/c the engines are slightly diffrent in a few ways.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well like i said i was just wondering how hard it would be being that i can trade one of my cars for this na supra but just finding out how much effort it would take to make it a TT wannabe.... But yeah if you can pm me or you can just send it to my email [email protected] thanks for the fast input...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Skeeg said:
rly, with all parts and everything... i think the total for the swap would be pointless.
i have a full parts list and guide on my other computer so nxt time im on it ill PM it 2 you.

but i think ur best bet would be selling the N/A and buying a TT.

also just slapping a turbo onto the n/a engine would work, but it wont make the same kind of number b/c the engines are slightly diffrent in a few ways.[/QUOTE]

You haven't heard of Chuck Norris............I mean Dave H have you?? Go to the Naturally Aspirated section for more info on going NA-T. You'll fare better there than in here for answers to your question.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Yea my NA-T doen't make the same kind of numbers either... :rolleyes:

Search the 8 stickies in the Naturally Aspirated section noob. :iwdumbass

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Troux said:
Not worth it. Just save your money.
How is it not worth it? Want to take a look at my tail lights with your TT? :fawk:

Take a look at the NA section for info on going NA-T, there is even a whole website devoted to the NA-T setups...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys and gals... maybe i will just hold off and get a TT but any how ill let you guys know what happends anyone have any links?

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
JDMDC231 said:
Thanks for all the input guys and gals... maybe i will just hold off and get a TT but any how ill let you guys know what happends anyone have any links?
I recommend getting a TT if you want a MkIV Supra turbo.
Obviously, you can turbo the NA, but you would be better off, IMHO, in just buying what you want to begin with.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
To give you an idea on cost, it ran me about $12 to do a N/A to TT conversion. Listen to you boy and sell your NA and go get a TT. Its cheaper to go get the TT outta the box.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
To give you an idea on cost, it ran me about $12 to do a N/A to TT conversion. Listen to you boy and sell your NA and go get a TT. Its cheaper to go get the TT outta the box.
$12?
I want 2...... :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts