Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if all the shit u need to ugprade from NA to TT brake setup is just the calipers and rotors?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have the tutorial you wrote about it? i cant find it anymore i tried searching for it

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Urmild, I've only done the fronts so far, and it was pretty much a bolt-off and bolt-on process. You'll need calipers, rotors, pads, anti-squeal shims, anti-rattle springs, pad spacers, and the brake pad clip. Basically, I just went according to this:

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/brake_replacement/fb1.jpg

I bought new brake line gaskets too.

And like Brad mentioned, you'll need to remove or modify the dust shield for the larger rotor. Hope this helps.

Garland

·
Registered
759 Posts
If doing the F/R TT brake swap. . .does anyone know if it messes up the F to R brake balance? When I put bigger brakes on my 280Z, I had to install a proportioning valve to correct the balance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have done the swap on my car and have absolutely no problem with balance. It brakes alot stronger all around, but is not pulling in a direction or feel like the front or rear is doing more work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i heard upgrading the rear brakes can throw off your ABS system? can anyone verify?

·
wanna be elitist prick
106 Posts
off topic but....

SWEET! you added a wing.....is that the OEM one or the Greddy Gracer (cant tell from the pic)

·
Registered
158 Posts
urmild:

The rear brake upgrade can only screw up the abs if by some chance when you were changing the parts off you damage the abs brake sensor, other than that there is no effect.

Brad

Y

·
0 Posts
urmild said:
does anyone know if all the shit u need to ugprade from NA to TT brake setup is just the calipers and rotors?
more off topic. . .what is that front lip you have on your car that i see in your sig. that looks nice.

·
ABM
497 Posts
YO

urmild has the bomex front end, its not a lip...but alot better than one.

by the way urmild, nice ride! love RSP.

·
0 Posts
How do I cut the dust shield? I have some tin cutters. Will they do the trick? I want it to look clean.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Tin cutters will work but you might warp the metal.
A jewelers saw (it's like a hacksaw with a really fine blade) will give you the best control. You should then use a file to clean up the edges. Should be able to pick one up at a hobby store. This is to give you the idea. The tool isn't too expensive, but I use mine all the time for building little custom pieces.

http://www.jewelbay.com/noframes/sawblades.htm

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'll pick one of those up today. I'll use both tools.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts