Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, but while you're there you might as well upgrade to SS brake lines... only 100 bucks and it's definatly WELL worth it.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya since I know that they pair up, I can buy some SS lines and put them on with no worry abt having to buy different lines for the TT front brakes.

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
SS lines ended up being the very first thing I ever did to my car...and trust me...the feel was so much better, it was well worth the $100.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,231 Posts
Will the NA bracket that holds the caliper on work with a TT caliper also?

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
there is no bracket on the TT brakes, they aren't floating like the NA.

The caliper bolts right up, you will need new rotors and you will need to remove your splash shield as well. Three little fasteners and then cut it off with tin snips.

-M

·
Registered
157 Posts
SupraRy95 said:
Will the NA bracket that holds the caliper on work with a TT caliper also?
YES, however you must trim/remove the dust shield

Anthracite93 said:
will na wheels clear the tt brakes? i don't think so but just checking
You are correct, NA wheels will not clear the TT brakes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
BadassMKIV said:
UF-Supra said:
YES, however you must trim/remove the dust shield

Wrong.. :nono:
You cann't use NA brake bracket on TT caliper..
I didn't used my NA brake bracket, when i did on my swapped..

Well... that's odd... because when I took off my NA Calipers... my TT Calipers bolted up just fine after I trimmed the dust shield :dunno:

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
^ all you need is the rotors/calipers/pads, lines can change over, however get some ss lines while your at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've done the upgrade - and had to remove the dust shield in order to fit the new rotors - they absolutely will NOT fit with the dust shield there.

This is in my JDM NA Supra.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
:dunno: all I had to do with my dust shield was bend it a little bit..

no need to get messy trimming or go ghetto and remove it, just bend it a little bit. I've never had a problem with it and it's been 4 years.

·
Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
649 Posts
good advice from everyone, but you definitly should do the ss brake lines just to get it out of the way, you'll be happy in the end and see why everyone is saying to do the ss brake lines, I love mines...the braking response is awesome....

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
chalk another one for the SS brake lines.. might as well while you're at it, otherwise you're going to have to remove the brakes again and bleed them again when you decide to do them (notice I said when you decide, not if you decide ;) )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts