Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Basically i have done and NA - TT (jap spec) engine swap and running the 5 spd tranny from the NA supra. The TT engine has come out of a Toyota Aristo as i got it from Malaysia. However i am using the J-Spec TT's wiring loom in the Aristo's engine (2JZGTE) and there are 6 connector pins in the Idle control sensor on the engine, but there are only 4 wires in the wiring loom that is supposed to connect to this sensor. anyone know what could be done???

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
What are the four colors? Here is the six wires on our cars w/ the I1 connector.

From the looks of the system, and from the description of the idle control, it seems that the idle control is connected to the EGR system. Black/Red are usually power wires and the other colors are signal wires.

Don't hold me to this, but since the JDM cars don't have an EGR system then perhaps they don't have the signal wires for the EGR/Idle system, and MAYBE Malaysia does require EGR (I don't know). My point, no EGR then no need for those extra 2 signal wires, so if it plugs in then maybe you'll be ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts