Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so can anyone that got a NA-TT swap or know how to get one tell me couple or shops and how much you guys paid for the swap? shops in socal are best.... o and do u guys recommend just swapping the head or the entire jdm or aristo engine? thanks in advance :bigthumb: im going TT soon :bigthumb:
 

·
Start of a new term
Joined
·
3,606 Posts
best bet is US TT engine and 6sp.....OBD1 ecu because it's more mod friendly than OBD2...I did mine in the garage with help from friends...lotta work though. Try SP engineering
 

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
Joined
·
3,866 Posts
Heres my 2 cents. take it as that and nothing more. I've done the swap and its not worth it. Its cheaper and probably better if you save up some more money and sell your NA and go get yourself a TT. I dropped close to about 13G's to doing the swap. If i knew then what i know now i would've just kept the car for a while and bought a TT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
i know that one of my buddies which is ken hendersons friend did a na swap to a 2jzgte at SP engineering in city of industry. try them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blk96SupraTT said:
Heres my 2 cents. take it as that and nothing more. I've done the swap and its not worth it. Its cheaper and probably better if you save up some more money and sell your NA and go get yourself a TT. I dropped close to about 13G's to doing the swap. If i knew then what i know now i would've just kept the car for a while and bought a TT.
well when did u do the swap cuz from other members around the forum it seems like people are putting down around 5-7.5k for a swap.... i figure that itll be even cheaper if u just swap the head only.


o and the people that recommended SP engineering do u guys know how much cash your friends had to drop for the swap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
jus remember though, you get wat you pay for. i jus know they do good work from wat i seen on steve's and kens car
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,854 Posts
i spent about $8500 for my swap. if i had to do it agian i wouldnt. i reccomend you buy a tt. i did most of the work myself except for some minor things.
 

·
painted cf hood advocate
Joined
·
409 Posts
aristo300 said:
best bet is US TT engine and 6sp.....OBD1 ecu because it's more mod friendly than OBD2...I did mine in the garage with help from friends...lotta work though. Try SP engineering
What do you consider "mod friendly"?
 

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
Joined
·
3,866 Posts
SUPbRiAn said:
well when did u do the swap cuz from other members around the forum it seems like people are putting down around 5-7.5k for a swap.... i figure that itll be even cheaper if u just swap the head only.

o and the people that recommended SP engineering do u guys know how much cash your friends had to drop for the swap?

I did the swap last summer so it wasnt that long ago. For the price $5 to $7.5K is what i paid on matterials. Again this is just my experiense so i'm not tring to sway you, just tring to give you some information on what i did. Heres a quick breakdown on what some of my stuff cost. just off the top of my head so prices migth be off some.

Used Aristo motor: $2800
Tranny,Driveshaft,Etc...: $800
New Wire harness : $1500
Toyota OEM stuff: $1700
(waterpump, fuel pump, gaskets, etc...)
BPU+ : $2300

I know some of these prices might seem high but at the time thats approx what i paid. As for the OEM stuff you might as well do it right the first time and not have to worry about it. As for the OVER PRICED harness you can save alot of money there, but are you willing to cut up a harness with about 125wires and extend it another 3 to 5 feet??? Personally i rather sleep at night then to ever have to worry about a wiring problem in the future. Again its just my 2 cents for you. So i'll shut up now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
SUPbRiAn said:
to many diff problems, not reliable and i heard the response isnt as good as if u have a gte engine
Tell that to DaveH.

Also check out clubna-t.com for more info.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top