Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have no clue where the search button is so here's my question :p

I've been a big supra fan for years and I'd like to one day get a MKIV TT but I really don't want to pay $25k for one so what's involved with getting a NA supra and swapping a 2jzgte in ? If I get a NA supra with high miles for cheap and buy a complete swap from somewhere, what else would I need to modify? If it matters, I'd be getting the 6spd manual tranny.

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
as a heads up...
doing a TT conversion would probably be very rewarding and really help you get to know the ins and outs of the supra as you do it, however...
theres a lot more to the TT than a pair of turbos and an extra cog in the gearbox.
a complete TT drivetrain + + 6spd + TT brakes + wheels + lots of little things here and there, ends up adding up to be a lot of money.
unless youre doing the work yourself, and even if you do, it might be better to just stick it out and get a TT outright, as you might not save much scratch in the end, but get a true TT once its all said and done.

really it depends on the individual owner and their goals.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I think i'm one of very few who agree with GT42R. I did the NA/TT swap and if i had it to do all over again i would've personally just got a TT from the start.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Im with the two guys above of me. Did the 2JZGTE swap into my SC300 and really should have just gotten a TT. Ah well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm cool thanks for the advice..

GT42R, yeah I was just wondering what exactly is involved before jumping in. I was hoping it was pretty much something along the lines of dropping the motor+transmission, intercooler, upgrade brakes, and connect a few wires and go... I spent the last 6 months piecing together my current project car and I really don't feel like doing that again!

Oh well, it's time to start saving up hardcore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts