Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NA Supra. I bought it instead of a TT because I wanted to get something with around 400hp.

Suprastore has a turbo kit but I have heard some bad things about them. (customer service is poor)

Any other kits available?

Please don't tell me to buy a TT. Tozer already told me that. That's not helpful.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
The "kits" are pretty pricey.

I own my second NA Supra and despite my furtive attempts at developing hp without a turbo, I broke down and have started the task of assembling my own setup. With some help from Dave Henry it really isn't that bad or expensive.

Here is the list of what I am the midst of:

$650 T04E Turbo (new, but from private party)
$700 FMax Manifold (new from www.mmrusa.com)
$150 Stock SMIC with piping (used)
$100 Greddy Type S BOV (used)
$250 Turbonetics Racegate w/9lb spring (new, but from private party)
$15 Oil cooling lines and fittings.
$500 Rebic IV Additional Injector controller (new)
$250 2 720cc injectors, mounts, and harnesses (new)
$250 Custom downpipe and IC hardpipe
$50 Boost guage (new)
$145 Walbro Fuel Pump
$35 Fuel fittings for additional injectors
$85 3mm Head Gasket
$?? Fuel tuning on a dyno

Total: About $3,000 and this all should be good for about 350-400hp at 9psi. If you got a Boost Controller and ran the boost up to 18 psi, I would think you would be 450 or so.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info.

Any turnkey setups out there? I like a tidy package with everything needed.

The suprastore had one they claim is the only one, but I find that hard to believe.

Scratch that. I found the one they said was the only one at mmr.

This forum is great!

·
447 Posts
Most of those turnkey setups come with a T3/T4 turbo that will barely flow above 300hp. The Fmax one comes with a better turbo, but their fuel system looks suspect. I think you will end up spending $6,000 to get an FMax and then get over 400hp out of it...

Dave H would know this better than I. He started the FMAX route, then scrapped it all and did a custom job ( a top notch custom job that is)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jack Merchant said:
Suprastore has a turbo kit but I have heard some bad things about them. (customer service is poor)
I can definately vouche for the shitty customer service from the SupraStore. I sent a set of Philips HID's back to them in May, because they both quit working after 2 months......and I still dont have a set of HID's....they said ''they havent come back from the factory. That pisses me off. If you are a credible company then you take care of you customers right? So I would be reluctant to buy anything from them.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can you get a 3mm copper headgasket for the NA motor for $85?!!?!?

-brian
'92 turbo veilside rsp sc300

·
447 Posts
I was told by an FMax distributor not to blow the $300 on their head gasket. He said there is a place that advertises in the back of turbo magazine that can make a gasket for any car in any compression for about $85.

I don't get any import magazines, so if you find the ad, please notify me!

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
I was told by an FMax distributor not to blow the $300 on their head gasket. He said there is a place that advertises in the back of turbo magazine that can make a gasket for any car in any compression for about $85.
I know this is a VERY old thread but I was wondering if anybody found this company that makes reliable head gaskets for $85, im in the process of building up my internals in my 2jzge and runnin low on money. I know your not suppose to go cheap on parts when it comes to internals, but like i said RELIABLE *i know its a long shot*

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I would not get a copper headgasket. I think they can prob work ok if you o-ring the block, but otherwise I'd stay far away from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts