Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
Racefiend said:
It's been a while since I've had a Toyota flapper in my hand, but IIRC, the risistance values produce a sign wave, not a straight line, when opening the flapper.
I don't think so, but I can't remember off the top of my head, but I can't think of any that do that aside from non-flapper types. IIRC I think the Toyota flapper ones are reverse 5V...

I'll go look through my stuff to find out more.

EDIT: Found the Toyota PDF I was looking for, they go through the types of AFMs in it, and cover Vane AFMs.

They're not linear output as can be seen in the PDF, but they are voltage output. I don't know if the 7M-GE uses the 1st (rising voltage) design, or 2nd (dropping voltage) design.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
BFR1992T said:
Personally I don't see how being a turbo owner puts me out of any luck. I'm lucky to have bought a turbo in the first place. In stock form it's already 1000x's better than any n/a and makes gobs more horsepower and torque with just a few cheap mods. No flames - I've owned and modded enough Supras - n/a and turbo, to know. I just thought your comment was rather funny.
I think you totally misinterpreted his comment, in pretty much every way possible.

That wasn't what he was saying at all, he was saying as far as twin AFM's go, Turbo owners are out of luck....

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
Just because Toyota started calling it ACIS in 93 with the advent of the 2JZ-GE doesn't mean the 7M-GE didn't use it.

Toyota's own words: "The ACIS system is identical to the Intake Air Control System in the 7M-GE" (Source: 1993 Supra New Features Brochure, Page 32).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.