Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm a noob here. I've been saving up for a Supra, I'd want a TT, but will most likely get an NA. My question is, other than the OBVIOUS performance difference, upgradability and "cool factor", what possible benefits might one have over the other. Parts, maintainance, likeliness of breakdown, expense of upkeep, mileage? Are there any good sites that might give out more details about these differences? Thanks in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? There's got to be somebody that can help answer even a few of these. :( It sounds like these could be questions a lot of people have.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The main differences are the TT's have larger wheels/brakes, 6 speed vs. 5speed, traction control, standard LSD, 100 more hp :), and that's really about it.

NA's tend to last a little longer. Turbo-charged cars are known not to last as long as NA's, however the TT supra engine is extremely reliable. If you can, i'd go w/ a TT, but if not the NA is still an awesome car.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How hard is it to maintain a turbo? I heard you have to let it sit so the oil will settle before you just turn it off. Is this a real pain? Also how long do the stock turbo last if properly maintained? My mechanic said that a stock turbo could cost around 2k to get replaced and maybe 7k altogether with labor. Is this just bs? Thanks to anyone for their .02. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
You do have to let the car sit for about two minutes after driving it. Just get a tubor times, it automatically shuts the car off after how ever long you set it. I bet that a TT would last to 150k miles if properly taken care of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts