Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using Nakamichi receivers or speakers?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
yep.... CD-45Z here. Great head unit.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
we sell them...i wasn't impressed

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
trying to pick something over PIONEER DEH-P6900UB but usb and bluetooth are nice.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
got one in my benz... nakamitchi head unit,.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think they rock. I had a CD-45z in the 4Runner and the difference was amazing. Don't know much about car audio, but my understanding is that the secret lies in the 24 bit D/A converter, which isn't found on all models.

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
secret lies in the 24 bit D/A converter? They all look old school cheap , are they worth the downgrade from the pioneer ( features ) or the money? Can you really tell the difference? The one I want goes for around 350-400 , you can get a ton of crap for that , like the DEH-P6900UB with usb for memory stick , ipod ect. and tons of other crap . I dont know what to get? wheeeeeee , lol

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
secret lies in the 24 bit D/A converter? They all look old school cheap , are they worth the downgrade from the pioneer ( features ) or the money? Can you really tell the difference? The one I want goes for around 350-400 , you can get a ton of crap for that , like the DEH-P6900UB with usb for memory stick , ipod ect. and tons of other crap . I dont know what to get? wheeeeeee , lol
Nak is not a DOWNGRADE from Pioneer and for some people is MOST DEFINATELY worth the money. The type of customer that is interested in Nak has no use for features like USB, iPod, sat radio...because a Nak customer does not listen to compressed audio. You can definately tell the difference when it comes to sound quality, especially if you are listening to dynamic music. They may look old school and cheap to you, but to the Nak customer, they don't look like they are made for high school kids...they look stock and classy. When it comes to the physical interface...its is SOLID and in comarison to the DEH6900UB, the Pioneer feels CHEAP.

All it comes down to is different product for different customers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nak is not a DOWNGRADE from Pioneer and for some people is MOST DEFINATELY worth the money. The type of customer that is interested in Nak has no use for features like USB, iPod, sat radio...because a Nak customer does not listen to compressed audio. You can definately tell the difference when it comes to sound quality, especially if you are listening to dynamic music. They may look old school and cheap to you, but to the Nak customer, they don't look like they are made for high school kids...they look stock and classy. When it comes to the physical interface...its is SOLID and in comarison to the DEH6900UB, the Pioneer feels CHEAP.

All it comes down to is different product for different customers.
Couldn't have said it better.

If you want a true quality-sounding receiver/cd player, there isn't much out there to beat Nakamichi. If you'd rather spend your money on ipod jacks, usb compatibility, flashy dancing lights, whatever... Then the Nakamichi isn't what you want anyway.

Look cheap? They look timelessly stock and sound amazing, another great reason to buy in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Nak is anything but a downgrade. It uses dual DAC's (one per channel) - and very high-end Burr-Brown DAC's.

Look at most head units and you will see a shitty 1-bit DAC shared between both channels.

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what i was thinking but the price and the look of a nak made me like the usb and other fancy crap of a much cheaper and good pioneer , I like the sound of uncompressed audio too but I don't like cases of cd's in my car.. I guess I have to sacrifice : (

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I am no audiophile..and my hearing isn't the best when it comes to music. But when I had my Lexus GS400, the Nakamichi stereo in it was the first car stereo where I've said "wow" upon listening to it....

It was so clear and crisp. You could hear EVERYTHING....Great sound!!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
The only problem i have with mine is the head unit seems to have no sound buffer. my cd's skip if i hit a big bump.. other then that its rather nice.

plus it looks really stock.

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only problem i have with mine is the head unit seems to have no sound buffer. my cd's skip if i hit a big bump.. other then that its rather nice.

plus it looks really stock.

what model do you have?

·
Banned
888 Posts
i used to run their 12in sub, it was decent. It's not the greatest.

·
Banned
2,721 Posts
I have the CD400 and I know that Stu has the CD500. I can't say enough about the SQ and the overall stock look of it. I wanted something simple that would perform, the CD400 is the best I could find in my price range. Everything is crisp and can be heard. Nothing overpowers one thing or another. I got my CD400 brand new for $225 shipped, just gotta shop around.

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
simple,stock,quality vs compatible,filled with options,usb and bluetooth

tan tan tantanta TAA!! the dilemma man if the nak was 50 $ cheaper there would be no dilemma ...haha did u guys see the cd-700ii maan that thing is nice , some type of magnetic mechanism that loads the cd and holds it down with no friction.. thats just the start....wow but prices are crazy... you get what u pay for I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts